cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleint Proxy issue in ECC with SAP GDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue while generating a Proxy for the Service Interface (SI)that has been defined in ESR .I created SI in ESR with Message Type & Data Type using SAP Global Data Types.When I log into Sender ECC system in SPROXY and trying to generate Proxy for the interface and when I try to save it it says "

"Objects from other namespaces missing. Unable to save. See long text

Data Element ZADDITIONAL_INFORMATION_TEXT_C

Object(type|name|namespace) from other namespace must be changed

type|AdditionalInformationText.Content|http://sap.com/xi/SAPGlobal/GDT

Data Element ......"

When I looked for SWCV where SAP GDTS been underlying they are not showing up in SPROXY in ECC.And all other Standard SAP SWCV like SAP BASIS SWCV are not showing up either.

Please let me know what might be the issue.

Thank you,

Regards,

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see this thread. This might be of helpful very similar to the situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Bhaskar for the link,it gave some idea.

But did not quite get ,what they mean by "When generating an ABAP proxy object, you need to make sure that any objects it uses in other namespaces are already generated." Do we need to generate proxy even for Data Types that are in other name space.

Another issue I see in my case is that I don't see those SWCV/namespaces which is SAP standard pre delivered content for GDTs.not sure why these SAP SWCV/Namespaces are not showing up in SPROXY objects list.

any idea?

Thank you,

Sathish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Do we need to generate proxy even for Data Types that are in other name space.

Though I did not experience this situation, I believe so. Reason your proxy methods are using those data types too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought the same that we need to have generated proxy for used Data types,but wanted to confirm.

Not sure why those SAP Deliver SWCV are not showing up in the list of objects in SPROXY.

lets wait for other experts input.

Thank you,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

My conclusion with the error is that used Data Types or Message Types that are in other namespaces need to be activated before activating/generating proxy for Service Interfaces.

For SAP Delivered content (GDT)not showing up in SPROXY object list issue,I created seperate thread.

closing this thread.

Answers (0)