cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy from Production to Development?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo.

We are planning to refresh client from production to development to align customizing client dep, client indip.

I would like to save the development repository program and versions.

I am a little bit confused about this issue...

Which the best procedure?

I don't want to execute a homogeneous system copy because production is too large for development system.

I see the client export procedure but which the right profile to use ? SAP_ALL ? SAP_EXPC ? SAP_EXPA?

Could you hel me ?

Thanks.

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to save the development repository program and versions.

Read,

SAP Note 130906 - How can versions be transported?

I see the client export procedure but which the right profile to use ? SAP_ALL ? SAP_EXPC ? SAP_EXPA?

That pretty much depends on what do you want to move, client copy profiles description is provided on help.sap.com

Also theres tens of threads with relevant info regarding this subject.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Profile depends on your requirement, whether do you want to move only customization or All data, check with your Functional and Development team - Check for SAP_EXPA (which brings SAP_ALL and cross client customization too).

Please make a note of below points before you do the system copy from Prod to Dev .

1). Note down TRANSPORT # FROM E070L --> Goto se16 and enter the table name and hit enter.

2). Release the current customization and workbench transports which are not ready to go to QA systems or still in development. So, that you can regain your customization or WORK IN PROGRESS after Prod copy.

3). Export Users and Roles

Thanks,

Sravanthi