cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Action not appear in Web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

In service desk configuration, after create a custom action in the action profile, it worked well with SAP GUI. When we edit the ticket, we can see the action present there according to the condition scheduled but not when we open the ticket in WebUI.

Anybody has come across this problem? Is there any extra setting for the action to be available also in WebUI?

Many thanks & regards,

Jah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I am sure you have not followed this note

Note 1340645 - Custom actions in the message processing UI (Web Dynpro)

hope it resolves ur issue

regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That applies only for Solman 7.0 but since we are on 7.1 that does not work anymore. We found this solution from the config guide that we have to add entries to the table AGS_WORK_CUSTOM.

For those who are interested, please check out the document at rkt-solman , in How to guide configuration and update.

Best regards,

Jah

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its good that you have resolved the problem but now i think you got the idea why it is important to mention the version

best help can't be given with incomplete information

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jah,

I am trying to update the custom action in AGS_WORK_CUSTOM to bring it in the Web UI but i am not successfull.

can you provide an example of how the Entry should be made in the table /view for a corresponding Action definition in the Action profile?

Regards,

Kathir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the guide page number 33 here below the guide

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_OBJECT=011000358700000514762011E&_SCENARIO=011000358700...

Thanks,

Jansi

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to complete all the Action profile related changes. When i try to update an entry in AGS_WORK_CUSTOM (as explained in Page 39 of the document) i am not seeing the custom action in the Web UI for the corresponding Change document. What should go as an value for

Z_CUSTOM_ACTION_FILTER_01? is it the Custom Action's technical name?

Regards,

Kathir

Answers (0)