Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acceptance by contact person

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SRM 7 and using BRF workflow. We have a scenario, where if the PO is approved, it is not directly sent to vendor but will go to purchaser first, and purchaser then can approve it and it will go to vendor. I understand that we can use the acceptance by contact person.

As far as I understand the acceptance by contact person will ONLY be triggered if the workflow is coming to an end (either approved or rejected). So I set the event to for acceptance to be ALWAYS true, so whether it is approved or reject it will come to purchaser.

However after testing, I observe that the event for acceptance is triggered in EVERY level. So for example PO has 3 approvers, and first approver approve it. then the event for acceptance by contact person is triggered so a work item will be sent to the creator. I have then tried to make an event so it will be triggered ONLY if it is last level approver and it is approved, BUT it is not working.

So my question, is it a bug? From documentation it seems certain that the acceptance SHOULD only working at the end of approval process, but it seems to be working at EVERY level of approver?

If it is designed to be working like I observe do you guys have any idea how to set up the proper event?

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Now I just add creator as the last approver in the schema. In standard, SAP will reject this agent. However we have activated business function where approval can also be creator as well. As such the problem is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you configure the acceptance by contact person, depending on your evaluation Id (BRF.. rejection or approval) the document is send back to the requestor when decision is made. Thus the interection will be made in every step for the configuration made.

You can find some information at

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/EnablingWIreturningtotherequestorwhendocumentisfullyrejected

Thanks,

Melina

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Melina,

The problem is that we have to configure that it will need to go to creator IF the approval process is finished. As you might know the approval process is finished IF:

1. The PO is rejected OR

2. The PO is approved by last approver

No 1 is pretty easy as you can use expression 0V_WF_CURRENT_DECISI = 'REJECTED'.

But no 2 is more complex. If we're using 0V_WF_CURRENT_DECISI = 'APPROVED'. Then if we have 3 approvers, after first approver approve, the event is triggered, thus the work item going to creator. We dont want this as we only want to see the work item go to creator after approval process is finished.

We have experimented with these expressions in scenario where there are 3 approvers

- 0V_WF_PDOSTATUS = 'FINI' --> we find out that after the approval process finished, it only get status 'ACTV' the same when first approver approve, thus we cannot differentiate.

- 0B_WF_ISLASTLEVEL --> we find out that after second approver approve, this event kick in, thus not fulfilling our criteria

- 0B_WF_SYSTEMAPPROVAL --> in all level it will trigger 0B_WF_SYSTEMAPPROVAL = 'TRUE'

So we're kind of stuck in here. Any idea?

John