cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageArea Theme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I encountered a problem with the MessageArea. We are developing a Web Dynpro application, which uses a custom theme. Unfortunately the message area does not adapt the customized theme (I changed the background style and exchanged some icons - nothing). This applies for the default area and for a custom placed MessageArea UI-Element!

The custom theme is defined in the application parameter WDTHEMEROOT. For the rest of the components in the application this works fine. I guess the message area gets the theme information from another application or from the system defaults (if I am right, the message area is not an usual ui element but a web dynpro component)?

Any ideas how to get my custom theme running correctly? If not I have to write my own MessageArea component.

Best Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you really need the MessageArea UI ?, in webdynpro abap without even defining a MessageArea the messages are displayed on the top of the view by the framework. This is the best practice UI guideline to display the message. I would say, avoid as much as possible to create MessageArea in the views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the same problem appies for the default message area.

I implemented a small component, which just displays a message, so I can design it exactly the way I want it (or in fact my customer want it ).

I agree with you, that it is normaly the better way to always have the messages in the same place. But as usual the corporate identity does not agree with me

If someone knows how I can get the theme running for the message area it would be nice to know. But for now I am fine with my custom solution.

Best Regards

Daniel