Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Material

former_member1257031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a scenario " I have 2 customers u201CCustomer Au201D and u201CCustomer Bu201D.I need to create a sales order for both of them using ZOR sales doc type. Both need the same material m-01. But for customer u201CAu201D the item category of M-01 should be TAN and for u201CBu201D the item category is TANN. where should i do the configuration.

Thanks

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the transaction for Customer-Material Info Record (VD52), there is a field "Item Usage" which can be used for the same.

For the customer B, to determine TANN - maintain an item usage FREE or such.

Subsequently, for Cust A - TAN is determined while for Cust B - TANN is determined automatically.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Item category don't depends on customer. it determines based on

Sales doc+ Item category groupUsageHigher level item category+Default item category.

Generally we use TANN to determine based on higher level item category(ex:TAN)

if you want the Item category TANN for second customer as default item category it's makes your item is not for pricing.

So if you want to give the material as free you can use Diferent item category like KLN.

iF you want TANN only assign TANN at MANUAL ITEM CATEGORY(after default item category) at item category determination and try.

In the sales document of second customer you can change the item category manually.

Thanks

Dasaradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category determination purely based on the sales order type and the Item category Group in your material master. This is configured under IMG node, Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales Document Item -> Assign Item Categories

Therefore having same sales document type and the same material (Item Category group), will not trigger different Item category based on your customer.

Therefore I would suggest you to go for an enhancement. First assign one as manual item category in the above configuration. Then in the enhancement, you need to check the customer and let enhancement to put the item category. See whether you can use customer group instead of going for single customer.

Best regards,

Rahal