cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see RFC inbound messages in SXMB_MONI of SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on MDM->PI->RFC scenario. When a record is syndicated from MDM, I am able to see that in PI monitoring but I am unable to see the message in SXMB_MONI of SAP R/3 system. SAP R/3 system is 4.7 systems with SAP_BASIS 620.

I have maintained LOGGING 1, TRACE_LEVEL 3 in SXMB_ADM->Specific Configuration->RUNTIME settings. I have activated the service /default_host/sap/bc/xmb. Still I am unable to see the messages in SXMB_MONI. Is this problem with the SAP R/3 version I am using? Am I missing any other settings?

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Go to Runtime Workbench in SAP PI and check whether the Receiver RFC Channel is fine or having errors?

Regard

Ramesh

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Is it Synchronous scenario? If yes, enable logging on PI server

SXMB_ADM-->Integration Engine Configuration Data --> Configuration --> Add entry RUNTIME/LOGGING & RUNTIME/Logging_SYNC to 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. As I already mentioned, my scenario is MDM->PI->RFC. So I am using receiver RFC CC not receiver XI CC. Also I mentioned that scenario is working fine, updating the intended tables in R/3. So its obvious that the RFC channel is working fine. I have already set the RUNTIME-LOGGING parameter to 1 in sxmb_adm->integration engine configuration.

My scenario is asynchronous so no need to set LOGGING_SYNC to 1.

Do you have any other inputs?

Regards,

Prasad

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might be due to configuration issue.Make sure you use RFC Destination with unique program ID in the sender channel. Also use the same program ID in the MDM side destination. Is it synchronous or asynchronous? If is async, just make sure you use commit operation in the sender side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for your reply. There is no problem with program ID, the scenario is working fine. The RFC is updating a Z table successfully. The only problem is I am not able to see this message in message monitoring using SXMB_MONI transaction in R/3. Any other inputs?

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply. There is no problem with program ID, the scenario is working fine. The RFC is updating a Z table successfully. The only problem is I am not able to see this message in message monitoring using SXMB_MONI transaction in R/3. Any other inputs?

please need to check below points:

1. On R/3 sys, please check in sxmb_adm and ie configuration do you have set Runtime->loging to 1.

Without this you will not see any async message procesed sucesfull by local IE.

2. in R/3 check out the logs of recieve XI channel.

thanks,