Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Exception:The relationship ID is not an optional parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0.

When we click a item's short description in catalog search result list to open the item detail, the new screen opened with a internal server error. And the error summary is "java.lang.NullPointerException: The relationship ID is not an optional parameter." I have validated the XML mapping, I can not find any fields which were used for the "relationship ID".

The SAP notefound in a forum is for SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 SP02 but we are using SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 SP09.Can anyone

please advise.

Below is error

500 Internal Server Error

SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.00/Java AS 7.00

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

Hide

Error Summary

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file).

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException: The relationship ID is not an optional parameter. at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.RetrieveRelationshipsCommand.execute(RetrieveRelationshipsCommand.java:91)

at com.sap.mdm.extension.data.commands.RetrieveRelationshipsExCommand.execute(RetrieveRelationshipsExCommand.java:43)

at com.sap.srm.mdm.Model.getRelationships(Model.java:3510)

at com.sap.srm.mdm.Model.updateRecordRelationships(Model.java:3683)

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uiprod.ItemDetails.displayFixedItemDetails(ItemDetails.java:6047)

... 34 more

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Is this error being generated after a MDM CATALOG upgrade or did u start with the MDM CATALOG 3.0 .?

Is this an External Or an Internal Catalog ?

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

This issue happened after upgrade from MDM Catalog 2.0 to 3.0.Issue is with Internal Catalog only.

Please advise.

Regards

Sunil

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

when we upgrade the MDM system we also need to upgrade the java components .

Only the Internal Catalogs use the name searches / masks which are stored in the MDM system .

Please re check the Java Component upgrade . May be a few of the componenets are not upgraded properly .

Let me know your finidings .

Regards,

Vignesh

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please update on the issue .

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Please let me know the java components need to be deployed for catalog 3.0 to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sunil

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Unfortunelty i cannot help you on this , Check with ur Portal Consultant if he can identily if any of the components are not upgraded .

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

i checked as suggested but even he is also not sure about the components.

Can you please help

Regards

Sunil

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil ,

I cannot help you with this as it is very much system dependent , its basically a part of the Portal Consultant or a basis Consultant to figure which part is not upgraded properly .

Regards,

Vignesh

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can raise an OSS message and ask SAP for the JAVA API version required for Upgraded version of catalog.

Thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

No doubt this is a JAVA issue .

Did you try restating the Java Services ??

Please let me know your findings.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

No Luck,stil facing same problem after restarting the SRD Portal.

Do we need to change some settings in OCI Mapping,please advise.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The issue seems to from the standard Java code, please raise an OSS message for the same.

Regards,

Abhishek