Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value correction –CJ40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Require your assistance in handling my query below-

My Business is involved in the scenario below u2013

Copy Actual cost to Plan (CJ9CS), then run some Z code, again some correction programs. After this, when they check the S_ALR_87013533 - Plan/Actual/Commitment/Rem.Plan/Assigned report (in fact they have Z for the same report), there is a un-match in Actual & Plan Costs for October month.

Actually, Actual & Plan values should be same for periods and there should not be any variance between the same values on period wise basis.

Now, the requirement is to correct the variance between Actual & Plan for the period 10 (October). Plan value is more and Actual value is less, so Plan value should be reduced.

Please let me know the better way of correcting the same value.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I am not sure if we can help you with this due to your process not only uses SAP standard if not a custom program that we don't know what it does.

We understand that if actual cost aredifferent from planned cost it is not a problem with the copy if not it is due to actual cost have been modified ater copy ( or planned costs has been modified after copy). I think you have to look for this, why are they different and then look for a solution.

Sorry,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your response.

I agree with you on CJ9CS (copy Actual to Plan cost carried out by the values available in the system) and hence itu2019s just copied per the values.

But, since it is a lengthy process in our business with lot of Z and correction programs involved (for copy Actual to Plan u2013 I mean), it would be difficult to track where it went wrong.

But, still if you could able to give me some clues on my queries below, it would be a great favor.

1.Details of Actual & Planned values for a project (CJI3 for Actual & Some S_ALR reports for Plan) are there any specific reports which would give me details of Actual and Plan values for a project /WBS on periodic basis?

2.If, I edit a Plan value for a period for a WBS using CJ40, would it have any adverse affect on any object?

3.When I edit a Plan value for a period for a WBS, should it be specific to any Cost Element?

Regards,

Sumanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

If I am not wrong the copy from actuals to plan is always done by cost element but CJ40 transaction don't enter plan cost by cost element. You can check your plan cost in S_ALR_87013542 report.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sara,

Thanks for your response.

Any idea on the report which provides plan & actual values of WBS /projects on periodic basis with the modifications done to each value (either pan or actual) on the same periodic basis?

Regards,

Sumanth