cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended book on EBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Got to know about you through your valuable inputs in Knowledge management regarding SRM. Currently I am working on SRM 5.0 Configuration. I am trying to replicate vendor and material data from IDES R/3 system. However, when I employ the transaction "BBPGETVD" for getting the vendor data, the system does not identify the vendor root organization I have created. I have put in all the needed attributes settings for the vendor root thru the transaction "PPOMA_BBP"..

Regarding the material download, are there a sequence of pre-requisite steps which I would need to employ to replicate the data from R/3?

I am also looking for the EBP configuration guide (latest). Can anyone tell me any recommended book on this?

Regards,

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend the books from Jiw Stewart and Shaz Khan.

www.sapcookbook.com

It was very helpful to me.

Regards

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the material download,pls go through the notes 720819 and 429423.They should be helpful.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

In SRM5.0, YOU NEED TO CREATE A SEPERATE ROOT ORGANIZATION for VENDOR in PPOCV_BBP.

After creating vendor root organization.

Run: BBPGETVD, this will ask for org.unit, put the org.unit of ROOT VENDOR.

Then you can see your vendor in PPOMV_BBP.

Before replication pls ensure vendors are not blocked in R/3, and IMP. you have maintained Purchasing data for that vendor in R/3.

Best Regards,

ANIL RAJPAL.

Note: Reward point for HELPFUL answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

If You are looking complete EBP cookbok please refer to:

http://service.sap.com/instguides (mySAP Business Suite Applications -> mySAP SRM -> your_srm_system)

I also recomend "Best Practices for SRM" found at

http://service.sap.com/bestpractices (Media Center -> Literature -> SRM: SAP BP for mySAP SRM)

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos