cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery dates in PO and PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there any way in standard SAP to consider only working days (maintained in Factory calendar) for calculating "Delivery date" in PR and PO. Cases me be followings,

1) PR and PO can be created manually

2) PO can be created with respect to PR or can be created through KANBAN

3) PR can be created throgh MRP.

We have settings as

1) Created factory calender having 5 days working (monday to friday) and this calendar is attached to required plant.

Your help is highly appreciated

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let us see what the docu says:

The planned delivery time is calculated according to calendar days and the purchasing processing time and the goods receipt processing time are calculated in workdays.

picked from here: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/f4/7d25a444af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for reply, I know in stadard SAP planned delivery time is in calendar days, while purchasing processing time and the goods receipt processing time are calculated in workdays.

But my question is related to "delivery date" in PO line item.

With Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why should SAP calculate differently in a PO than in MRP, this would confuse the users.

if you use MRP, then the delivery date is calculated according the documented procedure, and this delivery date flows from planned order/requisition into the PO and is consistent, unless a user changes it manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In one of my case I am creating PR without MRP run and then creating PO and also creating PO manually.

And even if I create PO from PR (which is created by MRP) does not exclude non-working days.

So if you can help me to exclude those non -working days from delivery date calculation in PR or PO, that would be gratful.

With Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is still unclear what you want to say with "And even if I create PO from PR (which is created by MRP) does not exclude non-working days."

Do you want to say that SAP is proposing a non-woking day as delivery date?

Maybe this fix helps: Note 1622998 - Planned delivery date does not consider factory calendar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope delivery date which is calculated by MRP MPR always excludes non working days while creating PR. But if you are you want to exclude non working days from manual creation of PO, why dont you make the below message as error message in P.O message settings.

Can delivery date be met? (Realistic delivery date: 26.12.2011)

Message no. 06245

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

I know that system does not propose non-working day as delivery date, it will take next working day. My question is I want to exclude non-working days while delivery date calculation in PO or PR.

With Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you you exlain this with an example?

if you maintained your delivery times wrong in material master (because you had it different in your legacy system) then you should change the delivery time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example,

I am creating PO on today=21/12/2011, and my factory calendar is set for 5 working days (mon-fri), the planned delivery time in MMR or Info record is 6 days. Then standard SAP will give 26/12/2011 as delivery date which includes (24/12 & 25/12- sat,sun) for arriving at 26/12/2011. But I want to have 28/12/2011 as delivery date after excluding saturday and sunday.

With Regards

JL23
Active Contributor

SAP can do this in sales and distribution where you maintain the days and calendar in the routes. where you are in charge of arranging the delivery to a customer.

But in purchasing you dont have these routes and you dont have a calendar for your vendor.

if you are located e.g. in Europe and you order a material in USA, then the ship does not stop on its way over the Atlantc just because you have a non-working day in your plant calendar.

you have to maintain your planned delivery time in material master and info record in calendar days like it is described in the SAP docu and F1 field help.

It is anyway only a best guess, especially in material master. if you have 5 suppliers you can have 5 different delivery times.

so you can just give an average there to enable MRP to create a requisition with a estimated delivery date, which can be overwritten by the buyer afte rhe has talked with the vendor or even later when the order confirmation arrives or the advanced shipping notification..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you very much for your input,

But I have one doubt, by Sales and distribution , you mean that if I create PR (schedule line) in Slaes order then system will exclude non-working days for delivery date calculation in PR,

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no by sales and distribution I refer to the SD module, where you enter customer orders and create deliveries to your customer.

Nothing about requisition. Just selling material from your warehouse and planning the transportation yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thank you very much for your help.

With Regards,

Kamlakar Gaikwad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While purchasing material from your vendor, Vendor calender may not be same as your calendar or he might be working for all the 7 days a week. So in this case Factory calender will not come into picture.

If you are doing any production and you want to calculate the delivery date (Date on which you can deliver the material to your customer) for this material, then system will consider your Factory calender & no of working days & will propose the delivery date excluding non working days.

Regds,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

>

> Is there any way in standard SAP to consider only working days (maintained in Factory calendar) for calculating "Delivery date" in PR and PO. Cases me be followings,

> 1) PR and PO can be created manually

> 2) PO can be created with respect to PR or can be created through KANBAN

> 3) PR can be created throgh MRP.

>

> We have settings as

> 1) Created factory calender having 5 days working (monday to friday) and this calendar is attached to required plant.

>

> Your help is highly appreciated

>

> With Regards

Hi,

Factory calender is nothing to do with assignment to plant but it should be first defined for Holiday calender first then after Factory calender.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have defined holiday calendar too, but my question is, is there any way in standard SAP to exclud non-working days for calculation of "delivery date" in PO and PR

With Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

Just check the message

Class:ME

Message No: 080

I guess this can work for you.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Declare as holiday on the days you want by selecting th checkbox of the days in Factory calender you can look at the screen when you double click on your Factory Calendar ID.

After that make the Assignment of Factory calender to your plant in path-Enterprise Structure-Definition-Logistics - General-Define, copy, delete, check plant-Define Plant-Double click on your plant-Factory calender.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yawar,

This message no is comes into picture when delivery date falls on non-working days, so system will give warning message. BY this system does not exclude non-working days in delivery date calculation.

With Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already done these settings, but this does not prevent from including non-working days during delivery date calculation

With Regards