cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the below error in my sender file channel. I also read the following thread

Error:

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '10.12.12.101:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 C:Inetpubftproot: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

The above thread suggests me to change the setting in the IIS. Should do that settings in the PI server or the source FTP server.

Also does anybody have any other solution to this problem.

Rgds,

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you're using an FTP server you need to know the path to the file on the FTP.

To do this I suggest to connect to the FTP using Internet Explorer and navigating the FTP folders until reaching the right one.

Then on the url bar you should got something like this: "ftp://server:21/path/to/file/". Use "/path/to/file" as value for the file adapter configuration.

Please refer below blogs:

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The problem was solved.

The path "ftp://server:21/path" was not accessible in the browser of the system in which the ftp server is placed.

when I access it in the browser i got error 550 : The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. '

Which means that this a problem with the IIS. I changed the entry in my communication channel to only "". And it picked up the file.

The fix for the IIS is in this blog

Thanks to everyone

Rgds,

Mithun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change slash like "C:/Inetpub/ftproot/" and try again.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried changing the slash to "C:/Inetpub/ftproot/". same error came again.

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '10.12.12.101:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 C:/Inetpub/ftproot/: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

C:\Inetpub\ftproot\: -

> this is inocrrect. Can you using a browers to access this!

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The path in the browser is "C:\Inetpub\ftproot". This system is on a different server. We are connected to it through a VPN tunnel. I pinged the server, and it works. so the connectivity is there. Even when i give a wrong password, Access is denied. But after the login credentials are correctly given. i get the above error.