cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Document Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I know the original document type of a document that was created by copying?

Looking at the image below, I have ZLFC, how would I know the document type where it was copied from?

please help. thank you.

[see image|http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/809836724/sd/delvieryDoctype.jpg]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

As per my knowledge this is not possible to know the source document,once you copied from source it's purely naming convention to the target document.After going through the attachment I assume that it was copied from LF then named ZLFC,where Z represents new entry LF is delivery and C for consignment.

Regards

Ram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you people.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anwar2012,

From your screenshot, check the screen sequence group and also partner determination procedure.

Most of the cases, we dont change these parameters while copying to a new Ztype.

Hope it explains an easy way of identifying a possible source.

Most accurate conclusion on the source can be got only by comparing the document types for the entries/parameter values set.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible the to know the original document from which document it has been copied.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

I totally agree with the above expert suggestion.It depends mostly on the naming conversion factors.i.e, it depends upon how you name the copying documents from std ones.

Regards

Pradeep