cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger accounting entry in PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Could any one tell me what triggers accounting entry at the time of PGI..?

Regards,

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope you have searched the Forum before creating this new thread

A Movement type is attached to every Schedule LIne in Sales Order (Generally 601 for Goods Issue Delivery).

Now go to T-Code OMJJ & open movement Type 601. Then select Account Grouping Folder from laft hand side.

Here you can see Transaction key assigned to this Movement Type (GBB in this case).

Now go to T-Code OBYC & select yuor Chart of Accounts & double click on GBB.

In tthe subsequest screen you can see the Debit & Credit side GL Account assigned for GBB.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

I have checked what ever you told. All the things are maintained. This movement type was in use for the last 2 years. All of a sudden it has stopped working. Please suggest where to check...

Regards,

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can u check u material accounting view , based account view and valuation type can cheek , u can cheek particular valuation type , u will check obyc with wrx , traction type acoount . and ceck total data off this traction type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once I do PGI only, confirmation of service is generated and no accounting document is getting generated. I am doing the same things in QUA client ,it is happening perfectly well.

Please suggest.

Regards,

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

u will cancel the billing and reverse pgi , and create new pgi , ofte u will check

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Item Category getting determined.

I hope that will solve your issue.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Something is missing at the plant level. When I change customer (SP / SH) ,plant in sales order changes. For some plants account document is getting generated while for some other plants account document is not getting generated after PGI. Now its clear that plant is playing a role in material document generation after PGI.

Please suggest.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in config you don't have error is related to field variant & valuation area.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System does not throw any error at all. It just generated confirmation document and delivery number. Suppose I change customer in the sales order, which will change plant and shipping point and create delivery. Doing this will create accounting document after PGI.

Please suggest.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Delivering plant is changed. B'coz system is is determining in that way, sequence is mention below:

1. Customer Material Info record

2. Customer master

3. Material master

To add further, if the material is service material then only you get service order confirmation

Regards

JP

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI PLEASE

check omcc , it for plnat and trans/event type , pl check,

and also omwn,omwb.

goto omwb ita comes one pop up screen click on cancel , ofter u will clik on simulation and enter ur plant and material movment type , and clikc on account assignment , so system soes , total data movment please check

i think it for help full

Edited by: bojjasivasankarreddy on Dec 21, 2011 1:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction OBYC.

Go in to "Account Assignment" option

Select "Offsetting entry for inventory posting" option - GBB

Enter your chart of accounts

here you can assign the respective G/L account for the combination of valuation class of the material, account modification key and the valuation grouping code.

See whether you have a G/L account for the correct combination here.

Best regards,

Rahal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Thank a ton for your reply.

In OMWB for my plant and movement type tab of posting line shows blank. Where as for other plants it shows data. Now please tell me where do I do the assignments so that data is shown under the tab posting lines..

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ticked quantity and value update in OMS2 for the material type and valuation area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As most of the experts have mentioned, it is totally based on the movement type assigned to the schedule line category. I would suggest you to go through below link and compare your system configuration against that. This explains in very detail manner how a G/L account is determined to a movement type.

[Account determination for material movements|http://learnsaptips.blogspot.com/2011/11/account-determination-for-material.html]

Best regards,

Rahal

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a very generic query.

Still FYI

Its b'coz of Movement Type.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah , its silly to ask this type of question. My schedule line and movt type are ok. The same is getting reflected in sales order too. Till yesterday it was working fine. suddenly it stopped and no accounting doc. is getting generated after PGI, however I am able to create invoice after PGI.

Please help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general scenario accounting document takes place after PGI,once we done with PGI we do invoice.In you case after PGI

system not generating any accounting document and allowing to do invoice,Apart from the above suggestion's get confirmation

from your technical team (ABAP) whether is there any enhancement take place.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Will surely do that ..

Regards,