Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPKB70108 SPAM Error - Disassemble part CANNOT CREATE COFILES

acclimation_argel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently updating an SRM system from SP5 to SP10. To do this I need to have BASIS package level at least at SAPKB70108. The problem is, I encountered an error during the disassemble stage with CANNOT_CREATE_COFILES. Note that the Kernel level is at 150 and all TP/R3LOAD/rtrans are the latest. Also, I am 100% sure that the SAPKB70108 is not corrupted, 100% sure that <SID>ADM user has permission to write on the folder, and I have followed the recommendations of SAP NOTE 97633.

Also, I am only having problems with this package. I was able to import all other packages that have sufficient prerequisites. Lastly, I've also done a physical restart of the machine and also the SAP system. I've also tried to disassemble the package using SPAM prior to importing. I am also sure that the Extras--> Settings have the option Create data files checked.

I've sent a message to SAP already but I was hoping the community can answer faster. hehe.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Argel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Also, I am 100% sure that the SAPKB70108 is not corrupted, 100% sure that <SID>ADM user has permission to write on the folder,

If the target file exists already in the directory (cofiles) and it was created by another user with a wrong umask the system may not be able to overwrite the file - despite the folder permissions are correct.

Markus

acclimation_argel
Participant
0 Kudos

I actually fixed it last month by doing what Markus Doehr just said. Sorry I forgot to update the thread. I'm giving you the points Markus.

Regards,

Argel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you go through prior the SP upgrade OCS Note for your version, 822379

Mark

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Argel,

have you check the space available for the drive where /usr/sap/trans is resided at?

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

acclimation_argel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, there is enough space on the disk.

Regards,

Argel

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Argel,

How about checking the tp.log and sort the logs in /usr/sap/trans/log in descending order to check any suspicious message? Also SM21, ST22, database log and etc.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, have you try to update to the latest kernel ( i mean disp+work package).

Current latest is 173. Also update TP and R3trans to latest.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Dec 21, 2011 4:54 PM

acclimation_argel
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I have the latest w+disp, TP/R3Trans/R3Load in the system.

Regards,

Argel

Edited by: Argel Joseph Casupanan on Dec 21, 2011 10:30 AM

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any suspicious message on any logs?