cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Third Party system in PI SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I new to PI and would like to know, how to add any Third part system in the SLD, and

scenario where sender is ABAP Proxy and receiver is Third party system, via SOAP Adapter.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/WorkingwithSystemLandscapeDirectory+(SLD)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the reply,

Let me reframe my requirement,

I have a software which does the auctioning for based on a PR which is in SAP system, once the auction is over, the best price will be awarded to a vendor, these details will be pushed in SAP, and based on these details a PO will be generated in SAP.

As PI is the middleware in the scenario, between my SAP ECC system and my Auctioning system.

I understand that from SAP Side either IDoc or ABAP Proxy Adapter, and on the auctioning system it will be SOAP Adapter as web service.

So my questions,

How do i manage my SLD for Third party, Technical system, Business system, and other details in SLD.

So that in PI the third party(Auctioning) system, is present

My Scenario as i understand would be, if SAP ECC is the receiver than IDOC and SOAP on the Auctioning software.

any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My Scenario as i understand would be, if SAP ECC is the receiver than IDOC and SOAP on the Auctioning software.

for ex:

SAP ECC/CRM -> PI -> Third Party (ex: SOAP)

Now just think how PI will identify what the sender is (ECC/CRM or 3rd party) if the TS is not registered in SLD? The Business Systems are logical systems whcih points to Technical Systems (application systems that are installed in system landscape). TS hold the information about the actual systems, its host, IP, clients etc.

Now based on the source BS which points to TS, the target binding is done in Receiver Determination pipeline step. Now if there is no TS attached to the BS how can PI identify whether ECC or CRM is sending the data and hence will not be able to identify the relevant target for the source.

Think of Business Systems as sitting on top of Technical Systems, and when the landsape details are not known for third party systems we use Business Component/Business Service.

if you have any issue then please check below link:

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do understand the importance of SLD configuration and why it is important, the question is how do i do it.

How do i maintain the entries for all the component in SLD.

A step by step document would be really helpful.

and any information on IDOC to SOAP Scenario.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How do i maintain the entries for all the component in SLD. -> generally we dont have authorizations to create Business system,products in sld.

if you have, then follow what was i posted earlier link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50924080-0627-2a10-2b89-8cb87b972...

any information on IDOC to SOAP Scenario.

In R3 :

1.Craete Logical system for R3 say SAPR3

2.assign client to this LS.

3.Create Logical system for XI say SAPXI

4.create RFC pointing to XI say R3_To_XI

5.Crate port of type Transactional RFC say PORT_To_XI.... give RFC created in step 4.

5.Create Partner Profile of type LS.

Give Partner no as SAPXI (LS of XI created in step 3)

In outbound parameters add ur Message type

Double click on message type & give Port PORT_TO_XI created in step 5.

6.Create Distribution Model..... Transaction BD64

In XI

SM59 - R3 connection pointing to R3

IDX1 - define the port with the above dest.

in ESR:

import Idoc and create everthing based on your requirement.

please refer below threads:

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One technical system having multiple business systems.

when we using http://Hostname:JavaPortNumber/dir the PI home page will be opend, their you have to select the SLD.

in SDL we have business sytem, select business system. the below steps to followed to cretae business sytem.

1. To create the Business system we have click on New Business System

2. then we have to select third party/others

3.we need to select the technical system name for which we want to create a business system and also provide the Logical system Name.

4.then Provide Business System name

5.The Software Component that is installed for respective Technical system will be shown here and is installed to Business System.

6.the last step in creating the Business system.Here we need to Specify 2 things

1.BusinessSystemRole : (For third party system this is inactive and by default it is set as application server) .

For Sap systems we have an option in changing role of the system (ApplicationSystem/IntegrationServer)

2.Related integration Server : if the role of the business system is Application Server then we need to specify the Realted Integration Server(PI)

then Click Finish.

please go through below blog,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/24/8fa93e08503614e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

regards,

ganesh.