cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent plz...Help required regarding SDMJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got the SDMJ lifecycle completely describing each step for a normal correction.

i am not clear when we release transport from DEV and imported via task list it imported Transport of copied, and the status of Change document is To be tested . But when the test fails in QAS raises few question

1- what action should a tester set in the change document ??

2- after the test fails in QAS , the reconfiguration is done in DEV, now, sine the TR has been released how we will transport these changes to the QAS again??

i have considered this document for the process flow

http://www.scribd.com/doc/56577376/ChaRM-Process-Example

Please help its urgent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if it fails then developer does the test transport action again and this will get transported with latest changes to qa

therefore procedure is repeated till test passes and finally the TR get released only when it clears testing in QA

so the TR takes the latest TOC and then move to QA again testing happens as a confirmation there

hope this clarifies

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

but for importing the test transport the transport has to be released from DEV, rite??

so i released the TR from DEV, However by the action "Complete Development" the TOC is Queued in the Transport Queue of the QAS , which is then imported to the QAS.

But when tester fails test, he sets the status to "In Development" again. now when reconfiguration is done i cant attach objects to the released transport, do i need to create TR again??

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

normally that doenst happens

but if that is the case a new TR needs to be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the purpose of TOC if we have to create the TR again??

my process flow is

- Create Change document via change request
- Created Transport Request
- Perform configuration  in DEV and release TR from se09
- In change document set action "Development COmplete"
- Import Test transports via task list
- now the status of change document is "To be Tested"
- now the tester sets the status back "In Development"

and here comes my question what should developer do??

hope you understand my problem

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats the reason i mentioned earlier too that it doesn't happen

when that status is in development

developer generates TOC ...& ..in QA testing happens

unless it is successful developer dont' release the TR....once it is successful then only developer releases TR

otherwise he keeps on generating TOC again and again for retesting in QA

hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Prakhar for your response.

i got it.. when the original TR are only transported to QAS only after the status "Consolidated" (by action "confirm successful Test"), am i rite??

further just clear one more thing.. when the status was reset to "In Development" the next action of the developer in the Change Document" should be "Create Transport Request" ??/

Thanks again

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you Prakhar for your response.

> i got it.. when the original TR are only transported to QAS only after the status "Consolidated" (by action "confirm successful Test"), am i rite??

>

> further just clear one more thing.. when the status was reset to "In Development" the next action of the developer in the Change Document" should be "Create Transport Request" ??/

>

> Thanks again

yes both are correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

so by saying

Keep on generating TOC

u meant Transport Requests??

One last thing..please

after successful test , are we allowed to import the rite TR to QAS and dont import the errenous TR??

if yes..will this allow to move the cycle to the next phase??

if no.. by importing the Original TRS synchronously the rite configuration (the Later TR) will override the first TR ( the erreneous one?)?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

TOC generated can

TOC 1

TOC 2

so TOC 2 wil be the final set of changes ...therefore when TR is releaesd TOC 2 changes will go and not TOC1

hope it is clear now.

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not getting the difference of TR and TOC..

how the developer can create TOC??

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TOC stands for transport of copies

there is an action call Test Transport

this is generated Transport of copies by copying the TR changes

check this blog

hope its clear now

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have got this theory of TOCs, i created transport of copies as well after "In Development" status .

but in DEV when i save my configuration to the same TR it is creating subtasks for the same TR, that is creating confusion !!

i imported TOC im QAS
when status reset to "In Development"
i cretred another TOC bty action "Test Transport"
when i logon to DEV , and save my configurations to the same TR , it is creating subtask for the TR

is it going fine??

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesnt matter TOC is creatd for TR

so even if you create subtask .....it has al the changes............ you can check by importing

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you prakhar

its all clear and tested now

regards

sidra

Answers (0)