Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using standard PO Printing Program for Smartforms

jjay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am some hiccups coding my print program for a PO Smartform that am currently working on.The requirement was to use the standard print program to trigger my Smartform PO. I have read alot of threads on this, but am still clueless.

Some says to comment out the functions like "OPEN_FORM" ,"WRITE_FORM" and having your block of codes inside the "NEU_" routine.

But I noticed, there are even some conditions and logic checking before the "write_form" is called and sometimes the table entries are also cleared. In this kind of situation, how should I be passing the table data to the Smartform function module?By copying the contents to an internal table? And there are many include programs which currently the standard program has, should I be using all that too?

Appreciate your input and advice on this.

Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within transaction NACE application EF, it is better to create a copy of output type NEU to something like ZNEU. You can then take a copy of YBPYB06P program that is assigned to print medium of o/p type NEU and modify the ENTRY_NEU routine.

This is how we did in our production system. This way you won't be stepping on the standard routines / SAP naming space which can get overwritten during upgrades.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is not clear.You just copy the existed form and driver program and necessary changes in form.Why you need to change the driver program.If your requirement is different please post.

Regards,

Madhu.

jjay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I am copying SAPFM06P program to a Z* program and currently we are using Sapscript for our PO printing. We want to now migrate to Smartform retaining the existing logics that we have in place for our PO using Sapscript.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neesha,

Can you check this once

[Migrating Forms|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9d/9599386185c064e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm]

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: madhurao123 on Dec 21, 2011 9:18 AM

jjay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Yes I did, but my concern is not the layout of the forms actually as I have already created them. Its the Print Program which I am stuck at.

Regards,

Neesha

former_member777515
Participant
0 Kudos

Smartform is a one-off interaction with the print program, unlike SAPScript where it is multiple (Open form, write form, close form etc).

An active smartform will have its own generated function module, what you need to do in your print program is:

1) Get the generated function module via the smartform name (use FM: SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME)

2) Execute the function module and pass in all the required import/export/tables parameters