cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitments for next year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

The budget for one of our projects has finished for year 2011. However, initially, budget was assigned at 2011 and 2012, therefore, the system should be able to allow committments for year 2012, because there is still budget for 2012. The system is not allowing network release and automatic PReq creation because of budget exceeded.

I´ve tried including constraints in the network so that the activity starts on a date in 2012, for services, and a requirement date in 2012 for material planning, but this is not allowing it either.

Is there a part in the configuration that I have to change so that the system permits commitments for 2012 even though we are still in 2011?

I think the system should allow committments for next years budget.

Thanks,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I suppose you have a Total Budget and a year budget ( 2011 and 2012), You can have availabilty control budget at Total or a year level ( check this in your budget profile) .

If you have availabilty control at year level, and you are sure you have budget for this year --> Check tolerance limits

If you have availabiltity control at Total level it is possible you are used 2012 budget for 2011 costs, then you have consumed the budget,

You also can be defined tolerance limits in order you cannot consume 100% of the budget

In both cases check in CJ31 transaction for the project : Extras --> Availability Control --> Analysis ( for ECC version)

Check : availability contrl against, tolerance limits, which budget is available...

Regards,

Sara

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I don't think this is the correct form for this question , CO or FI could help better

but you can look at note 437873 : Budget carryforwrd for commitments w/o a/c assgnmnt

This may also help

if you have You have determined the budget amounts you want.

to carry them forward to the new year using program RFFMCF25.

you should also look at programs RFFMUD01 or RFFMUD21 if you are

revenues increasing the budget .

I hope this helps

Ger