cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Mobile – Enter and Function Key Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have generated all the templates using style u201CMobile Devices (Without HTML Tables)". Everything looks good, but the function keys are not working. Also the Enter key alone is not working, but with Shift+Enter is working.

Device is: Symbol MC9090 - Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.

I also set the parameter ~ITSMOBILEDEVICEINCLUDE as DEVINCLUDE_SYMBOL3090 for ITS Service. This has the same html code, which is copied from ITS service ITSMOBILE01.

The basis support package details:

SAP_BASIS - Release -702 & Level- 0007

Highest support package - SAPKB70207

Initially the Auto enter also did not work whenever you scan some thing and this has been resolved by adding the html code:

<MET$ HTTP-Equiv="OnKey0x0D" content="Javascript:setOkCodeEnter();">

$ = A

Please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

What browser are you using?

In your situation I believe you are tryuing to use function keys with an Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile? Up to Windows Mobile 6.5, IE does not support the OnKeyPress Event.

This issues needs to be solved by using an industry Browser which remaps the KeyPressed Events to javascript functions.

You will need to use an Industrial Browser I.E the Motorola Symbol PocketBrowser which should be available with Symbol MC9090 device

Then you can have the key mapping according to the technical manual of you Industrial Browser.

Regards,

Oisin

Edited by: Oisin ONidh on Dec 21, 2011 3:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Oisin, Yes I am using Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 6.1

If we upgrade to Windows Mobile latest version, does the keys work automatically? If yes, I will check for the upgrade.

I already checked with the team, they are not sure about the Motorola Symbol PocketBrowser. I will check with them again.

Thank you.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

It maybe easier to switch browsers than do an OS upgrade.

Useful reading: [Keys and Key Codes for Windows Mobile |http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb431750.aspx]

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick response. The attached URL is very helpful. I will check and reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I need your help.

1) I tried to upgrade from windows mobile version 6.1 to 6.5, the existing device did not support.

2) Installed the symbol pocketbrowser on the device. After the installation, is says that the browser does not support as this is symbol device, even though it is symbol brand.

3) Installed the Naurtech browser and executed the transactions. The issue remains the same. The Enter key and Function keys are not working.

The devices use Naurtech Emulator. Please advice.

Also, I have generated the html templates for all transactions. I hope there is no need to re-generate these, even if we change the browser and key mapping. Please confirm.

Thank you,

Ganesh

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh

You should probably contact the hardware manufactur regarding the correct Symbol Pocket Browser for the handheld device; Symbol MC9090. It is probably based on the OS that it use's?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciated your quick response.

I apologize to bother you. One more question, Do I need to re-generate the html templates, if we change the browser and key mapping settings?

Thanks,

Ganesh

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

No. You should not need to do this.

Please also be aware of the following parameter:

~ITSMOBILEDEVICEINCLUDE

See the WIKI[Mobile Devices and Browser |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/KOg ]:

Regards,

Oisin