cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic transports scheduling in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are planning to automate the transports in our Quality system. We have concern for the following, please can u kindly help us with the same.

If we automate the transports in SAP, will the old released transports to QA but not transported to QA will they automatically be transported with the new queue. If what is the procedure to avoid the same.

Also what are the other precautions we need to consider when we schedule the automatic transports.

Thanks

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

before automating import of transport, make sure you only leave the transports you really want to import into your system. Do not leave a big bunch of transports in the queue because they will be re-imported again, creating havoc in your destination system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric. I have checked in the cofiles directory there are nearly 10000 transports, IS there any way I can extract a list to find out what transports are not transported in QA, so that I can move the cofiles and datafiles to a different folder so when I schedule the automatic transport they will not be tranported, as I feel the safest way to do.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There must be a way, but it might be complicated to get this info. Maybe look into E071* tables?

Anyways, I was not referring to cofiles, I was referring to your transport buffer, this being /usr/sap/trans/buffer/[YOUR_SID]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. The buffer for the QA system is set to /usr/sap/trans/SID/buffer/SID_of_QA(where transport queue is defined)

So if I move the SID_of_QA from the buffer, automatically all the queue in the transports will disappear.

Once we schedule the automatic transports then only the new transports released in the queue will be transported. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you move the old buffer all the old transports will not appear in the import queue any more , what ever the new transports released from dev will be added to the new quality buffer as per the transport route and get imported automatically as per the period settings.

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I think, auto transport is like mass transport and old transports 'waiting to be imported' will be imported automatically. Wait for colleagues to correct me if I am wrong.

Another point to consider, whether you want to 'auto' import the transports in a single QAS client or in 'multiple' clients in QAS ?

Thanks