cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL url for sender and receiver SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on SOAP --> SAP PI --> SAP ECC synchronous scenario. That means I have to create 2 Cc for SOAP i.e. Sender as well as Receiver adapter. I am responsible for creating the Request as well as Response structure in SAP PI. The sender application team is dependent on me to get the WSDL file.

Please provide the suggestions on the below.

Sender SOAP adapter.

1. I will create the WSDL from Sender Aggreement. How to get the url and what is the navigation step? Should I provide the same url to sender application team to call the service.

Receiver SOAP adapter:

2. In the receiver SOAP adapter , Should I have to get the web service parameter of the sender application. As mentioned , I am creating the response structure as well. That means I can not import the WSDL from the sender application. How to get target url in the receiver SOAP Cc.

I refered to the forum but its not clear.

Regards

Alice Rebecca

Edited by: Alice@xi on Dec 20, 2011 5:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get the WSDL from the Sender agreement. Click on sender agreement from the menu and then Display url.

Scroll all the way down and you should see something like location=".....". There should be two of these.

the first one is for your metadata and the second one is your endpoint.

Provide first one to the sender application.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Sender SOAP adapter.

1. I will create the WSDL from Sender Aggreement. How to get the url and what is the navigation step? Should I provide the same url to sender application team to call the service

we have two approaches to generate WSDl file from sender side

1. in Sender Agreement -> Click on Sender Agreement -> display wsdl

2.from menu bar "tools" -> Display WSDl -> have to provide parameters

Receiver SOAP adapter:

2. In the receiver SOAP adapter , Should I have to get the web service parameter of the sender application. As mentioned , I am creating the response structure as well. That means I can not import the WSDL from the sender application. How to get target url in the receiver SOAP Cc.

dont need to generate wsdl file from receiver side , if you want to know that , open Receiver Communication channel , check the Target URl and Action.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> soap sender URL

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel

>> I will create the WSDL from Sender Aggreement

create the wsdl file from ID->tools->display wsdl

>>Should I provide the same url to sender application team to call the service.

yes provide the wsdl file and url to sender application

>> SOAP --> SAP PI --> SAP ECC synchronous scenario. That means I have to create 2 Cc for SOAP

are u connecting sap abap backend system using soap receiver adapter (xi3.0 protocol)??

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Edited by: AmitSri on Dec 20, 2011 6:44 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>1. I will create the WSDL from Sender Aggreement. How to get the url and what is the navigation step? Should I provide the same url to sender application team to call the service.

Create WSDL from sender agreement and pass it to the client who wants to pass message to soap sender. You can find URL from the WSDL itself. Search for the tag address:location. That will provide URL.

or provide URL as follows

http://<hostname>:<port>/ XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet? channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>

if the party is not involved then as follows

http://<hostname>:<port>/ XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet? channel=:<service>:<channel>

service - sender business component name

channel - sender communication channel

>2. In the receiver SOAP adapter , Should I have to get the web service parameter of the sender application. As mentioned , I am creating the response structure as well. That means I can not import the WSDL from the sender application. How to get target url in the receiver SOAP Cc

You get WSDL from the target system. Open wsdl and search for the address:location tag and use that URL in the target or receiver soap channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhaskar,

Your answer to the 2nd question.

2. In the receiver SOAP adapter , Should I have to get the web service parameter of the sender application. As mentioned , I am creating the response structure as well. That means I can not import the WSDL from the sender application. How to get target url in the receiver SOAP Cc

*You get WSDL from the target system. Open wsdl and search for the address:location tag and use that URL in the target or receiver soap channel**

Request

SOAP <--

> SAP-PI <--

> SAP ECC

Response

As told , I am responsible for the response structure also. How can I get the WSDL from the sender application. Its an synchronous message. Unless I provide them the structure, how they can provide me the WSDL? Could you share whats the procedure once I create service interface of the response.

Regards

Alice Rebecca

Edited by: Alice@xi on Dec 21, 2011 11:32 AM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is regarding soap receiver:

Are u hosting webservice in the ECC and consume the web service using soap receiver? If so then get the WSDL from the ecc system. Since it is synchronous communication, you will find both request and response message structure in the WSDL itself. You can do as below.

1) Soap sender request to ECC soap request mapping1

2) Ecc soap response to soap sender response mapping 2

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhaskar,

For synchronous scenario

Request

MS Application (SOAP)<--

> SAP-PI <--

> SAP ECC.

Response

I am creating the Request as well as Response structure in SAP-PI and its agrreement for both

the ways.

So for the MS appl team, I will give the WSDL url from the sender agreement to make the request to SAP-ECC.

Now for receiving the response from SAP ECC, from where I should find the value to enter in the target url of SOAP

receiver channel.

1.Should I take the target url value from the MS Application team?

2.How to know whether the MS Application or SAP ECC is hosting the web service?

Regards

Alice

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>So for the MS appl team, I will give the WSDL url from the sender agreement to make the request to SAP-ECC.

>Now for receiving the response from SAP ECC, from where I should find the value to enter in the target url of SOAP

receiver channel.

You dont need to create target soap receiver channel. Here you do soap sender channel and receiver proxy. Once the connection is established for synchronous mode, the same connection is used for the response message.

>1.Should I take the target url value from the MS Application team?

No. MS Application team is sender and it is using your soap sender to post the message.

>2.How to know whether the MS Application or SAP ECC is hosting the web service?

You are hosting the webservice using soap sender. Thats the reason you distribute you WSDL to the sender MS application system. ECC is backend which is receiving the message request from MS application via PI using soap sender webservice. Since it is synchronous , ECC returns back response message to MS Application using PI. Hope you understand.