cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual cost transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

I need your inputs for choosing a better method of transferring actual cost from one WBS to another WBS element. I have infront of me the following options-

1. Transfer to the receiver by settlement via CJ88, defining rule for the sender.

2. KB11N by selecting sender and receiver WBS.

3. Posting a JV to the receiver WBS.

Request your inputs on the above and also implications of the same on any other, if any.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us know the business case behind the transferring of costs from one WBS to another. This will help in suggesting a better solution.

By the way, you can use any of the 3 methods you have mentioned. However, if its just a one time activity you can think about the 2nd and the 3rd option.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara / Gokul,

Thanks for your responses.

The Business reason behind this is-

There are some actual costs sitting on some WBS elements (of 3 different projects) which were booked on the duration of August 2010 to December 2010. Now, Business wants to transfer those actual costs to a new WBS element (of a new project). Hope it is clear.

Gokul u2013

1.If I use the 3rd option, I can post some JV to receiver WBS (which is a +ve entry) but, how do I maintain /justify the u2013ve entry on the other side?

2.Also, if assumed, itu2019s an one time activity, why not the option 1 (settlement), any concern here?

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.If I use the 3rd option, I can post some JV to receiver WBS (which is a +ve entry) but, how do I maintain /justify the u2013ve entry on the other side?

Your finance guys would be able to explain that in a better way.

2.Also, if assumed, itu2019s an one time activity, why not the option 1 (settlement), any concern here?

No concerns as such. However, this process might involve some prerequisites that need to be met before execution. For more detail you can refer SAP Help.

Also, to get a second opinion on this get in touch with your FICO guys and discuss.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses - Gokul.

One more thing, the costs were booked in August - December 2011 on the WBS. I believe, this would not cause any issue /problem for transfer the same in this fiscal year 2011.

Are there any issues, by chance?

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont see any issues unless the settlement has happened for the previous periods (Nov, Oct, Sep, Aug). Infact, at this moment, i am not able to recollect all the prerequisites required in order to carry out this operation.

Why dont you try this once and see if you come across any errors?

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Could you explain us the reason for this transfer to help you? it is going to happen only once, it is going to be done each month....etc

Regards,

Sara