Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 issue- CATS_DA report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Request your inputs for one my query below -

I have deleted time off for a personnel number from a WBS element and re entered to some other WBS element in November 2011 and when I checked the CATS_DA report on the Receving WBS, it showed me the costs have been moved.

But, however the cost for this time does not appear to have been moved from the original project (Sender project). When I check the CJI3 report for sender project, their is still actual costs on the same WBS element.

Please let me know, what could be the reason for this?

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does your question is like this:

You have deleted/cancelled time in CAT2 and still system is showing actual cost against WBS Element. Or is that something different from this. Please calrify.

Also check Report CATS_DA - Correction indicator column. It will surely shows you your change document flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Thank your response.

I have deleted time from old WBS and entered into new WBS. When I check the CATS_DA report on the new WBS, i found actual cost against the same new WBS.

Now, my question is - The cost for the time (from old WBS), doesnot appear to be moved from the original old WBS. When I check the CJI3 report of old WBS, i found actual cost against to it. How this is possible?

Please let me know if need more information.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you cancelled/deleted the hours posted on the old WBS did you run any of the CATS transfer transactions like CATA, CAT5, CAT7 etc.?

By the way, what transaction did you use to transfer the costs from old WBS to new WBS? Did you use CAT2 again to post the hours on the new WBS or some other transaction?

REgards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This detail make some sense regarding your issue.

As mentioned by Gokul - I also beleive that for Old WBS Element - Timesheet entry - There must be some problem for Deleted/Cancelled timesheet entry transfer to target component.and thats reason its reflecting in Old WBS Also.

Please let us know transaction for Timesheet Transfer. Also if there are some Back Ground job set-up. Then check all possibilities.

Else do one thing again run CATA in "Test Mode" for very specific criteria and see ....what happens.

I think it will make some sense. Does it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your response.

After I deleted the hours on the old WBS, I ran CAT2 to re-enter the time to the new WBS element.

I believe, by deleting the time on old WBS and re-entering the time on new WBS, the costs would automatically flow to the new WBS (please correct me if I am wrong, this is because, I have just started working on CATS). This is in response to your 2nd sentence- Gokul.

Hi Pramod,

There are no background jobs are in action for this. It is all manual activity. You said there can be some problem with the deleted time transfer to target component, what could be it is?

Please let me know for any other clarification.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

You need to understand one thing here that mere posting of hours in transaction CAT2 does not result in an actual posting. Once the hours are posted in CAT2 they have to be released and approved and then transferred to the respective target components. In your case the target component will be PS to get actual costs at the project level. The transaction to do this transfer is CATA.

Once the transfers are done actual posting takes place. I think in your case when you delete the times for the old WBS you will have to run CATA to transfer the hours (since the hours posted are 0 the system will calculate actual cost as zero). Once this is done run CJI3 report and check if system still shows the actual costs.

Try this and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Sometime it may happens that people run CATA job manually/back ground and at the same time lot of Object belonging to that target components are locked by some other users then obiviously those timesheet entries wont got post for actual.Other possibilities might be authorisation or some validity like that ....we can not say exact number how much possibilities are there for problem to occur in CATA run.

Yes - Gokul had explain very correctly regarding process of timesheet.

You may have to run this CATA manually and then check.

Please revert if you still requires some clarification on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii Gokul,

I have asked my user to check the same thing, also I am simuating the scenario in test system. I will let you know the updates.

Thanks for your time and support.

Regards,

Sumanth

Answers (0)