Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner detrmination

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one issue in sales order that is sold to party and ship to party are going to gray mode.

I have created one new partner determination and assigned to sales documents

after assigned the partner determination to Order type the error will come.

Can you guide what are the possible reasons for the same?

Regards

Ishikesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if the defined partner function in customer master are not maintained in Sales document partner determination procedure then this kind of issues occurs.

Ex: If in you customer master you maintained the partner like SP.SH,BP & PY.

But

In your Sales document if you don't maintain the same (sp,sh,bp & py) then this issue will come.

Thanks

Dasaradha

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Das and all,

Yes You have directed me to idetify the root cause of the issue .

I have defined new partner function x1 for SP ,x2 for SH,x3 for BP,and x4for PY.What I understood from this when i am changing the standard SP as X1 then only the error is getting.

So my question is as per SAP we should not chnage the SP is it?

Thanks

Ishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ISHIKESH,

--Yes in std you should not change the SP function is not changeable in business requirement.But you can just copy the SP function & you can rename it.But it is not advisable to do like that.it is always depends on the business requirement.

--If you are creating your own partner function without taking the reference of the Std one then you have to configure the Whole partner determination for customer,Sales document,billing documents.

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So my question is as per SAP we should not chnage the SP is it?

No you can't change SAP standard partner functions. Why you want to change?

Regards,

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks pradeep and Das ,My problem has been solved .I will be providing the points ,thanks once again

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is due to your sales document partner determination procedure.

Check your partner determination procedure.

Thanks

Dasaradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check for the existing threads in forum.

This is bacause of the partner procedure settings. You sold-to and Ship-to are unique, so it will not allow you to change in the sales document. Please check your partner procedure and do the necessary setting.

Regards,

SAM

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all your reply.

I mean to say that My issue is I am not able to enter initially SP and SH since these fields are Gray mode .

I have done all configuration as per standard TA ,Still the error is coming.I can understand this because of partner detrmination,can you guide me in that which parameter i should change.

Ishi

Edited by: ISHIKESH on Dec 20, 2011 3:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ISHIKESH,

--Check whether you have done the partner determination for the sales document header & Item

Go to IMG-Sales & Distribution -Basic functions-Setup Partner determination-Setup partner determination procedure for sales document headerHere create your partner determination procedure & save it

--Assign the partner functions to your procedure

--Click on partner determination procedure assignment

--Assign your sales document type to your partner determination procedure & save it

--Raise the sales order & you can see the Sold to party & Ship to party fields will be in active mode.

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep