cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order data transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to import Sales Orders, using DTW, but I am getting the following error: "Enter due date [ORDR.DocDueDate] Application-defined or object-defined error65171".

I am entering a correct DocDueDate and I can import a sales quotation or a sales invoice, using the same data.

I am using 8.81 PL: 08

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Aris Pantelatos

Edited by: Aris Pantelatos on Dec 20, 2011 3:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aris......

Can you run Simulation successfully?

And while doing Final Run you are getting this error?

Is that a case?

If yes then please check whether you have applied any SP Transaction Notification for Sales Order or not........

Please remove it and then try to import SOs......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Thank you for your reply.

I am getting the error, on "Run Simulation".

I tried to simulate without any lines on Trans.Notification related to the Sales Order, but I got the same message.

Aris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aris,

Your question belongs here so that I moved.

As Fidel's answer, if you have not using yyyymmdd, change to this B1 default date format.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The date format is correct and the same data can be imported as a different marketing document. Only when I am trying to import them as Sales Order I am getting that error message.

Aris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you post one or two lines of your data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course.

Here they are:

SELECT 1 as RecordKey, 'C.06160' as CardCode , 120 as series , GETDATE() as Docdate, GETDATE() as DocDuedate

SELECT 1 as RecordKey, 'HBBC-001' as ItemCode , 1 as Quantity , 215 as Price , GETDATE() as Shipdate, GETDATE() as RequiredDate

Aris

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using odbc as datasource, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right.

The data I am planning to import are more complicated, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible for my example.

Using these 2 lines, I am able to create a new Sales Quotation.

Aris

Former Member
0 Kudos

The date format for GetDate() is usually not yyyymmdd. You have to convert it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried that too but no change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to export the odbc result to text file and then DTW. By this way you can find the problem fields easily. The troubleshooting process is DTW minimum fields first and increase one by one to find the trouble maker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct.

Normally, that would be the process. But in this case, I have created so many UDFs on Marketing Documents, that the created template can not include all of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many UDF have you created? It may not be a good idea to create too many.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created about 200 UDFs and I may need to create more. Would that be an issue? Is there a limit that I should be aware of?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That will a big issue and you already have problem due to that. You may need to double check all UDF are utilized or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Beside the DTW, what are the other issues that you have in mind? Is there a limit that I should be aware of? And if we are sure that this is the cause for the DTW issue, why I can import on Sales Quotation and not on Sales Order? After all, the same UDFs are in use.

Aris

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you have too many UDF, system performance will become a growing issue, not only DTW.

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

The date format for DTW is YYYYMMDD. please follow this format

regards,

Fidel