Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Blocking Hazardous Materials for Purchasing with HSM

Dear,

In the sap documentation, I've read about a scenario to block materials for purchasing based on the risk assessment in HSM. In the scenario you would block a substance in a work area. Next, a transfer program would transfer that block onto the linked material masters and the material would get blocked for purchasing in the relevant plant.

Problem: I can't seem to find the relevant objects in the IMG. For example, I find no reference to the "transfer program" or see no IMG activity that can be used to set this up.

So my question is whetehr you know if this is standard functionality or does this require a development. If it is standard, could you just point me to one of the IMG activities?

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards, Christiaan

Former Member
replied

Hello Christiaan,

I just have seen your question regarding the scenario "...block materials for purchasing based on the risk assessment in HSM...".

It is possible to block materials from purchasing by using an appropriate material status. How this can be done is described in the documentation of the following IMG activity:

logistics - general => material master => settings for key fiels => define MATERIAL STATUS

This IMG documentation describes the impact of the material status at the material master regarding purchasing of materials (block puchasing).

The scenario you have seen in the EH&S HSM training is based on a consulting package, which - unfortunately - does not exist any longer and the development of this consulting package was not taken over into the EH&S standard functionality. So, you have the following option:

a) manually set the puchasing block

Set manually the corresponding material status in the material master to block the purchasing of materials which are not allowed to purchase.

b) custom development

Implement a BAdI of the EHS HSM component or develop a customer ABAP report (as you have probably seen it in the training) to update the material status of specific materials in the material master, according to the risk assessment results for these materials in EHS HSM.

It's a pity that this consulting package doesn't exist anymore.

Regards, Thomas

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question