cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM component group in confirmation screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Requirement is like this :

I make a BOM of FInished Materail "A". To make BOM i need BOM component "1". when i go to do confirmation in co11n screen. Component "1" is seen for 261 movt. now if stock of "1", is not available user can select "2", also .

The Requirement of user is "he need to mainatin some type of group", that will contain both component "1" and component "2".

He must not be allowed to select any material other that material in that group.

• Alternate item group does not staisy my requirement

Experts plz help on this scenario.

Regards,

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternate item group does not staisy my requirement

What's the problem in using Alternative Parts in BOM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Well did you ever try with the followup material concept in MRP4 view OK even you have to maintain effective out date as well OK.

Even you can try In the BOM as well go to your header material BOM and select the item and then give the Alternative Group say A1 for both the components OK.

Then a pop window will appear which states that Alternative group, Priority of the material, Strategy and Usage probability

Say if you have two components maintain ALTERNATIVE GROUP A1 OK.

Then, give the PRIORITY for the component like which one is first OK to pick.

Then, give the STRATEGY like manually want to check the availability of component or 100% check OK.

Then, USAGE PROBABILITY which calculates the percentage of the consumption of material or component OK.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Madhu.G

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same was the requirement in my project also. We are working with alternate item which we check during production order. Try going with alternate item, if not if a particular material is not available then you can manually change that material and delete the previous material. But keep it in mind that dont give this authorization to all.

Hope it will help ypu.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use discontinue method.(MRP view,you can set the setting there)

if component1 is not available,then PO will use component 2 automatically...you will only see component2 when do confirmation in co11n...