cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query on working of central search functionality. Does the central search search across all attributes identified as central search or just the individual attributes.

For example if I have following attributes identified for central search:

1. Product Description

2. Color

3. Product Title

If I search for test* using central search will system search across all the above attributes or just a single attribute. I am actually confused with the functionality here.

Also can anyone provide me details on the config steps for central search configuration? Thanks.

Regards

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

There are 2 type of searches under Enterprise search:

1. Text based search(TREX search)

2. Central search

If you meant the text based search, it will search on all the fields identified as search attributes.

If it is the second one, it will work like normal advanced search.

From the context, i think you are talking the first one.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am referring to Simple Search functionality. What does the simple search functionality do? Does it search across all the attributes or it works like advanced search?

Regards

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh

I hope you are talking about the search which is available under the Saved Searches.

Under that if you go to each item eg. Accounts, there is an option of Free Text. If you

have selected that for search, it will search on all the fields that are identified as

searchable attributes.

But if you are talking about each search field available under Accounts, that will

search only on that field. That works like normal advanced search in the search

page of the corresponding item.

Regards

Leon