cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After backup restore sat is not starting sapecc6+db2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

we are implementing the DR for production server . Primary server in house only and stand by server installed in the third party data center. so we are installed and sap upgrade the ehp4 in standby server , and we are restore the primary server backup in standby server, it is restored successfully but after backup environment variable deleted automatically after that we configured environment variables manually and start the sap. when we start the sap it is showing the error command not found. please advice me how to correct this issue.

regards

suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

same thing i have done compare to primary system and secondary system find the env.variables and which is not in secondary system that only manually copy into the DR system. then we are able to login to sidadm .

thanks for support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure to update the PATH environment variable with the path of exe directory.

Compare the environment variables of your primary and DR site.

SET command will give you the list of environment variables.

Regards,

SBK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Best approach I would suggest you to compare the environment variables in Primary and DR.

Based on the differences you can add relevant environment variables in DR server.

Doing this you will ensure that all the required environment parameters are set and are correct.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

after that we configured environment variables manually and start the sap. when we start the sap it is showing the error command not found. please advice me how to correct this issue.

I guess the environment variables were not configured properly or completely. Most probably PATH env variable is not complete yet for SAP exe/run, that's why you are not able to run 'startsap' from anywhere via sidadm.

Test it via going into /sapmnt/SID/exe and then execute 'startsap' - if it works then it means you are able to execute SAP binaries from exe path not from 'anywhere' via sidadm. Then complete the PATH env variable to include SAP executables.

Thanks