cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6 with EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have installed SAP ecc6 with ehp5 now we want to upgrade SAP_HR from 600 to 604.

i have done necessary activity from solution manger and kept all patch for download.

my query is

How to apply all this patch? through SAPehpi or SAINT?..and from where i have to download SAPehpi for upgrade?.

below is my current stack level

SAP_ABA 702 3 SAPKA70203 Cross-Application Component

SAP_BASIS 702 3 SAPKB70203 SAP Basis Component

PI_BASIS 702 3 SAPK-70203INPIBASIS Basis Plug-In

ST-PI 2008_1_700 1 SAPKITLRD1 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

SAP_BS_FND 702 1 SAPK-70201INSAPBSFND SAP Business Suite Foundation

SAP_BW 702 3 SAPKW70203 SAP Business Warehouse

SAP_AP 700 17 SAPKNA7017 SAP Application Platform

WEBCUIF 701 0 - SAP Web UI Framework

SAP_APPL 605 0 - Logistics and Accounting

SAP_HR 600 69 SAPKE60069 Human Resources

SAP_HRCAR 600 69 SAPK-60069INSAPHRCAR Sub component SAP_HRCAR of SAP_HR

Thanks & Regards,

Hiten Modi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> we have installed SAP ecc6 with ehp5 now we want to upgrade SAP_HR from 600 to 604.

> i have done necessary activity from solution manger and kept all patch for download.

> my query is

> How to apply all this patch? through SAPehpi or SAINT?..and from where i have to download SAPehpi for upgrade?.

i

Patch can be applied via either of these two but are you sure that you want to from 600 to 604 but not from 600 to 605 for SAP_HR ?

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> > we have installed SAP ecc6 with ehp5 now we want to upgrade SAP_HR from 600 to 604.

> > i have done necessary activity from solution manger and kept all patch for download.

> > my query is

> > How to apply all this patch? through SAPehpi or SAINT?..and from where i have to download SAPehpi for upgrade?.

> i

>

> Patch can be applied via either of these two but are you sure that you want to from 600 to 604 but not from 600 to 605 for SAP_HR ?

>

SAP_HR patch level for EHP5 is 604 only.

I would prefer to use SAINT to apply patches if it is only HR patches.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Apply it with SPAM/SAINT

check the dependencies for HR patched aslo.

Thanks

Sadiq

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> SAP_HR patch level for EHP5 is 604 only.

> I would prefer to use SAINT to apply patches if it is only HR patches.

SAP_HR 604 requires a SAP_BASIS 701 - so you won't get around using SAPehpi and Solution Manager to generate the queue.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> SAP_HR patch level for EHP5 is 604 only.

> > I would prefer to use SAINT to apply patches if it is only HR patches.

>

> SAP_HR 604 requires a SAP_BASIS 701 - so you won't get around using SAPehpi and Solution Manager to generate the queue.

>

>

>

>

> Markus

He is already on 702 release. And SAP_HR release for EHP5 is also 604. And you can upgrade it with SAINT as well. And to upgrade only HR packages it take less time with SAINT.

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> He is already on 702 release. And SAP_HR release for EHP5 is also 604. And you can upgrade it with SAINT as well. And to upgrade only HR packages it take less time with SAINT.

Oh - forgot to look closely, you're right.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

For your prompt replay, one more query is in SAINT there is one option load stack.xml file,there i can give my stack file which i downloaded through solman?.

what it will update all patches which is mention in file. like SAP_APP from 00 to 05 and SAP_HR.

i am upgrading my EHP5 stack level from 00 to 05

please advice can i update through SAINT instead of EHpi?.

thanks & regards,

Hiten Modi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said earlier, you can update with SAINT. And if your stack xml file contains information of all packages that needs to be upgraded then SAINT will do the upgrade to required level.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

>

> For your prompt replay, one more query is in SAINT there is one option load stack.xml file,there i can give my stack file which i downloaded through solman?.

i

Yes.

Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hiten,

You can download ehpi tool from SAP service Marketplace under upgrade tools.

You can upgrade SAP_HR using Saint or SAPehpi tool.

I would suggest you to use SAPehpi tool since you can reduce the downtime of the system.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori