cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding tax base amount not calculated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Since a company code u201CXu201D changes its chart of account, Withholding tax base amount is not calculated automatically and you have to introduce manually it when posting a document (vendor invoice FB60 or F-43).

Before this change (COA) if you do not manually introduce any Withholding tax base amount system calculated it as 100% of the invoice since W/tax code is defined Percentage subject to tax = 100%

I have reviewed all the customizing and seem to be correct. More than this, another company code u201CYu201D (same country than the mentioned before) that do not have changed its chart of account is still calculating the Withholding tax base amount for the same W/tax code as it use to be: 100% of the invoice if you do not change it manually.

No substitutions or validation are affecting this behavior.

- Extended Withholding tax is activated from the beginning.

- Withholding tax country customizing has not change.

- Withholding tax type customizing has not change.

- Withholding tax code customizing has not change.

- I have just change the Accounts for Withholding Tax to be Paid Over for company code "X" since it chart of account has changed. Companies u201CXu201D and u201CYu201D had the same COA before. Company u201CYu201D still have the "old" COA and is still calculating W/tax base amount as usual (100% automatically if W/Tax base is not modified manually when posting the document)

I will really appreciate is some one knows what the problem can be and how to solve it.

Cheers

Rafael Barreda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rafael,

In FM FI_WT_FB01_CALCULATE_WT, check this:

*--- If system is ALE Sender System, prepare idoc and don't

*--- calculate w/tax in sender system

CALL FUNCTION 'FI_WT_PREPARE_DATA_FOR_IDOC'

EXPORTING

i_bukrs = h_bkpf-bukrs

IMPORTING

x_distribute = x_distribute.

IF NOT x_distribute IS INITIAL.

CONTINUE.

ENDIF.

*--- System is no ALE Sender system --> normal process:

Regards

Carlos Cuadrado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly Carlos thanks!

we've implemented SAP Note 672040 - Modification FI-ALE: withholding tax sending system

Excellent!

Regards

Rafa

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member207607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rafael,

CCPMAD could be right:

put a breakpoint on fi_wt_fb01_calculate_wt (se37))

then run the transaction FB60 and check:

• Ist Bukrs in FIDCC2 aktiv ?

IF E_DISTRIBUTE = 'X'.

PERFORM CHECK_RECEIVING_SYSTEM TABLES MODEL_DATA_C2

USING I_BUKRS

CHANGING BUKRS_GLOB.

IF BUKRS_GLOB IS INITIAL.

E_DISTRIBUTE X

I_BUKRS

If You delete the "X" by the small pencil and save, the System should calculate the WT

base amount.

if yes, this means that the System does not produce the Withholding tax because You're

using an ALE Sender System.

Please check suggest to check the SAP note 672040.

The note 672040 provides a modification for the case that

You use ALE to send document copies.

The withholding tax calculation occurs after the implementation of the

modification in the sending system as well as without the use of ALE.

I hope this can help You as well.

Mauri

former_member207607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rafael,

please kindly test into a test System of Yours during the posting simulation, putting a break point at fi_wt_fb01_calculate_wt and then at fi_wt_determ_base_amnt_f_calcand checking the field content WT_QSSHB.If You double click into the i_with_item table You will see the WT BASE AMOUNT and the WT TYPE and CODE that the System will use for the WT calculation.

I hope this helps.

Mauri

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

probably you have regional definitions for Tax Category. Anyway you can check your WHT company codes definitions.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel,

thanks for your answer. We do not have regional definitions for Tax Category and, as far I can see, WHT company codes definitions are correct since they do not have changed after CoA change and it worked as expected before.

Thanks you!

Rafael Barreda

former_member207607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rafael,

please run se38 and use the report RFWT1000 to trace the WT calculation.

Furthermore I'd suggest to check the WT type if It is defined for the new Company code and hisvalidity date.

I hope this helps.

Mauri

Edited by: MAURIZIO BIANCOTTI on Dec 20, 2011 5:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mauri,

thanks for you information. I have run report RFWT1000 and all seems to be correct.

Regards

Rafael Barreda