Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Withholding tax base amount not calculated

Dear experts,

Since a company code u201CXu201D changes its chart of account, Withholding tax base amount is not calculated automatically and you have to introduce manually it when posting a document (vendor invoice FB60 or F-43).

Before this change (COA) if you do not manually introduce any Withholding tax base amount system calculated it as 100% of the invoice since W/tax code is defined Percentage subject to tax = 100%

I have reviewed all the customizing and seem to be correct. More than this, another company code u201CYu201D (same country than the mentioned before) that do not have changed its chart of account is still calculating the Withholding tax base amount for the same W/tax code as it use to be: 100% of the invoice if you do not change it manually.

No substitutions or validation are affecting this behavior.

- Extended Withholding tax is activated from the beginning.

- Withholding tax country customizing has not change.

- Withholding tax type customizing has not change.

- Withholding tax code customizing has not change.

- I have just change the Accounts for Withholding Tax to be Paid Over for company code "X" since it chart of account has changed. Companies u201CXu201D and u201CYu201D had the same COA before. Company u201CYu201D still have the "old" COA and is still calculating W/tax base amount as usual (100% automatically if W/Tax base is not modified manually when posting the document)

I will really appreciate is some one knows what the problem can be and how to solve it.

Cheers

Rafael Barreda

Former Member
Former Member replied

Dear Rafael,

In FM FI_WT_FB01_CALCULATE_WT, check this:

*--- If system is ALE Sender System, prepare idoc and don't

*--- calculate w/tax in sender system

CALL FUNCTION 'FI_WT_PREPARE_DATA_FOR_IDOC'

EXPORTING

i_bukrs = h_bkpf-bukrs

IMPORTING