cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No work item starts after the post of a leave request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I use the workflow 12300111 to deal my leave request in ESS. For the ESS, I use the standard iview which is based on webDynpro for java and is provided by EHP4.

I parametered the table T554S_WEB to define the workflow 12300111 which should be used for each subtype in IT2001.

I also checked in transaction SWU3 to make sure that the automatic workflow customizing is maintained.

But my problem is, no work item starts when I post a leave request from the portal. In transaction SWIA, nothing has been detected after I posted my request.

An other problem, the name of manager appeared in the iview of portal who will approve the leave request is not correct. In stead, it's the employee's name which appeared in the portal.

Could anyone help me to resolve these two problems ?

Thanks a lot,

Wuyia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you check whether other workflows are getting triggered. Please check from SWI2_FREQ. If yes then there is some problem with your configuration. Please try to do so again and if there is customizing task do a SCC1 in the test system.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arghadip,

I saw there are a lot of task TS12300097 and TS12300116 getting triggered one year ago in SWI2_FREQ, but they are all in german. Now we need the workflow for the webdynpro java whose jco connection is in french. Does it make the problem ?

And I don't understand your second sentence :

Please try to do so again and if there is customizing task do a SCC1 in the test system.

Thanks

Wuyia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. The problem is resolved. Actually the characteristic PLOGI is not actived for the new WERKS..

Best regards,

Wuyia

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my problem is, no work item starts when I post a leave request from the portal.
 In transaction SWIA, nothing has been detected after I posted my request.

Make sure that the workflow template is made as general task(agent Assignment)

And talking about the manager name i hope in the rule groups settings may be the option LINE manager is choosen, so if you choose this option and enable the option user to enter the manager name then it picks the line manager based on the ORg Structure.

So you need to check for spro settings with respect to the rule group.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan,

These two things have been checked and they are were done. But the problems still exist...

An other track: The leave request is immediatly appeared on blue in the portal which means has been approved, while I have just post it, without approved by the manager. But in the backend, nothing happens, no absence is stocked.

Thanks a lot,

Wuyia

Edited by: wuyia nata on Dec 20, 2011 2:05 PM

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mentioned that you have done SWU3 maitain workflow settings , did you try to check that the workflow user WF_BATCH is assigned with SAP_ALL authorizxation.

Try to execute SWUA transaction to ake sure that the workflow settings are in place, if they are done correctly then you should be able to see two workitems in your SAPINBOX SBWP.

Also try to refresh the buffer from SWU_OBUF transaction and refresh the org environment from SWUS transaction.

Check the configuration settings in Specifying Processes and Process for types of leaves you make sure for the leave type you applied for the employee rule group Porcessing Request Through Workflow must be checked/enabled..

Regards

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati on Dec 20, 2011 6:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I have done these following actions but still no work item starts and also the manager is not correct.

You mentioned that you have done SWU3 maitain workflow settings , did you try to check that the workflow user WF_BATCH is assigned with SAP_ALL authorizxation.

--Yes the use WF_BATCH has SAP_ALL authorisation. But for the language in communication, it's germain but we need french. I don't know if due to this the problem happens.

Try to execute SWUA transaction to ake sure that the workflow settings are in place, if they are done correctly then you should be able to see two workitems in your SAPINBOX SBWP.

--Two documents arrived in SBWP : one says "workflow finished correctly for user wf-batch" and another "my cennected user has executed the desicion of workflow".

Also try to refresh the buffer from SWU_OBUF transaction and refresh the org environment from SWUS transaction.

--Done

Check the configuration settings in Specifying Processes and Process for types of leaves you make sure for the leave type you applied for the employee rule group Porcessing Request Through Workflow must be checked/enabled..

--Done

Is there any BADI should be checked ?

Thanks,

Wuyia

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chekc the BADI PT_GEN_REQ is active or not, because in this BADi implmenetation class there is a method called start workflow this method is responsible to start the workflow. Try to insert a break point and chect what is the happening in this method.

Regards

Pavan