cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting Purchase Requisition - automatically assign item category L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained a material A with special procurement key 30 - Subcontracting and procurement type F. Whenever a Purchase Requisition is created I would like item category L to be assigned automatically. As it works now this must be entered manually.

Any idea how I can set this up correctly?

The info record and source list exists.

Thanks in advance

Br,

Lars

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Dec 20, 2011 3:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion the requisition should be generated by MRP with item category "L", based on the setings you described.

Or are you speaking about manually created PRs?

rajesh_r11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best option is to change a PR Doc. type with assignment of item catagory 'L' to the doc. type and remove the item category 'L' from other PR doc. types. So system will always propose Item category L when Subcontract Doc type is selected

Thanks

Rajesh. R

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the PR is generated automatically via MRP, you can make the item category L to default thro special procurement key 30. If you are creating manually, use enhancement to check the "Procurement key " in the MMR of the PR item. For this you need Technical help.

Umakanth R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input!

In fact, the material should not be planned using MRP. This is a material relevant for APO.

The problem is that the item category is not picked up during a normal SNP run.

Thanks!

/Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

You can achieve your requirement by creating a new document category and maintain that doc type only L , As my knowelede

Purchjase requestion can be created in the action of below

1 Manually

2 MRP

3 Plannaed order

4 Order

5 sales order( 3rd party scenario)

Edited by: abhi sap4 on Dec 20, 2011 3:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

What we did to our client is use seperate document type for subcontracting, as Rajesh said.

Also make item category mandatory.

This will do.

sBk

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should be possible fromv " define document types" under purchase requisition in OLME

in there for the document type enter the permitted item category.

in the next step you can link it to the PO to be generated from that type of PR