Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release project for CHARM?

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am very new to solman and stuff. I am configuring the CHARM process for first time. So far, I have got the TMS and other domain controller related activities done from Basis. In addtion, I have also maintained systems in the transaction SCC4 with appropriate roles (Dev having Customizing Role & PRD being the Test). I also activated the integration with Change Management in SPRO.

Later, in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN I created a project of type maintenance. Added systems in the system landscape tab using the logical componenets. As I have only Two BW systems i.e. Dev & PRD, I set Dev. System = BW DEV, Test Syster = BW DEV again & Production Syster = BW PRD system. In the IMG Projects tab, I added the project and it's in GREEN state as of now.

Now, in the Change Managment Tab, I checked the check-box - Activate Change Req. Management. Upon this I received a popup saying: Warning: Problems occurred during syunchronization of the system landscape.

However, I still went ahead with the configuration and clicked on Create Task List. At this point, I am getting following message:

Project is not released, hence cycle can not be created.

As I said, I have no expertiese in Solman so I am kinda lost here. I need smoeone to tell me if whatever configurations I have done so far are correct or something is missing? And How should I release the project so that I can create the task list.

Please help,

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While activation you have recieved errors

so goto log button next charms activation or task list tab and see for the errors occured remove it and press the refresh again

if there are no errors then only you can create task list

more info as you are new read this

and

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement

hope above helps

regards

prakhar

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

How are you doing?

Did you mean in the System Landscape --> Change Requests tab, there is a check button. Should I click it and check the errors? I did check these error and they are:

System Overview for <Project Name> --> Check for system DEV --> Error No Domain for System DEV.

Same is with System PRD.

In addition it also says, error in RFC Connection test of S Type & T type.

In Check Logical componenets -> Error No Track for <Project> with log. system DEV/Client No.

Are you referring to these errors?

Ameya

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ameya

yes i am fine

you are correct i am talking about the same error you need to resolve them to activate charm

moreover it seems you have not defined the TMS properly check the blog i gave you it shows the TMS settings

main idea is you have ECC TMS

DEV - QA - PRD

and solman is connect and become supervisor TMS of ECC using domain link activation

so just check the blog it cover those steps and let us know further in case of any query.

hope it helps

regards

prakhar