cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two pricing procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings.

I need to have for returns different pricing conditions than for the regular sales processes. To be more specific instead of the normal PR00 and Kxxx discounts it has to be ZPRx and ZKxx pricing procedures that have to be active only when invoicing an Return Order.

My ideea was to create a twin pricing procedure of the normal sales one with twin pricing conditions that is allocated to the RE invoice type only and that I did so far. But I couldn't figure out how can I translate(copy) the values of the price conditions from the regular sales pricing procedure to this Return specific one. I did some research but all I could find is a copy/paste (c/p) from the Help which actually didn't help at all, for example:

"Transaction-specific pricing procedure

Pricing procedure transaction-specific indicator

Before Release 4.0A, no special pricing procedures were used for intercompany billing and rebate credit memos, programs were just set accordingly to deal with these situations. As of Release 4.0A you are offered greater flexibility in the form of the option to define special pricing procedures for intercompany billing and rebate credit memos. For reasons of future compatability, you will still be able to use the old program specifications. For this reason, you must set this indicator if you want to create a special pricing procedure. This is to prevent the program settings being used.

This indicator is also used as of Release 4.0A to redetermine the condition class and the statistical condition indicator when copying from a reference document.

Example:

You copy prices from a shipment document to the billing document. The prices should lead to a surcharge in the billing document. This is guaranteed by the redetermination of the condition class in the pricing procedure.

"

I also imagine that it has something to do with TSPP but it is not clear what are the steps involved.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Enache Catalin ,

What i suggest is, make a ALT CONDITION TYPE routine and assign it against the condition types in the new procedure which need to be copied from the ORGINAL pricing procedure to the PRICING PROCEDURE for returns.

In that alt condition type, write the logic to find the reference document and fetch the values for each KSCHL.

Since you will be maintaining values for the OTHER 2 condition types, it will flow automatically to the new pricing procedure for returns.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Dec 20, 2011 1:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Charles.

Unfortunately I can't acess any ABAP resource to assist/help me with a new routine. Your logic is clear to me with a small difference: my plan was to maintain with values the pricing condition from the original sales procedures whereas for the second, special dedicated to the Returs process pricing procedure I would ONLY have to COPY what has been previously determined. In other words some sort of a schema like this:

General(/Standard) Sales Pricing procedure: ................Return Pricing procedure

PR00 ................ZPR0

Kxx1 ................ZKx1

Kxx2 ................ZKx2

maintain with values ONLY PR00, Kxx1, Kxx2 and when I do the Return Invoice through Copy Control I would get:

value determined for PR00 -> copied to ZPR0

value determined for Kxx1 -> copied to ZKx1

value determined for Kxx2 -> copied to ZKx2

I am ready to give it a try and work on that idea if you can give me some additional guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Enache,

How will system copy the values when you have a PR00 in the first procedure & ZPR0 in the second procedure? (since the condition types are different system will not copy)

It will not copy from my experience.

I have worked on a similar requirement.

i had to copy the value of one condition type to another condition type in different procedures.

What i did was created a routine.

assigned in to the condition types in the 2nd pricing procedure.

Write the code such that ' fetch the value of PR00 to ZPR00 , fetch the value of Kxx1 to Zkx1 ..etc..

you will have to mention the condition naming conversion which system has to use to identlfy the SOURCE condition type.

Without ABAP help, i do not think you will be able to fulfill the requirement.

Anyways let other experts respond to your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing returns with reference to the invoice change the copy controls from invoice to order VTAF there in item level change the pricing type as B where the standard is D.now maintain new pricing procedure assign to your your returns document.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Ramakrishna.

Actually the Return order references the Sales Order but I don't mind to reference the invoice itself. I will give it a try with B prycing type. Still, in your advice I see nothing related with translating values from one pricing procedure to another...will it work without any explicit configuration?...

Thank you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

config new pricing procedure in that instead of PR00 maintain ZPR0 and rest of the condition's as per requirement,and change

you returns document pricing procedure (VOV8) determine new pricing procedure in OVKK and maintain condition record for

ZPR0 in VK11 maintain price for return goods.Now create return order after completing the copy controls setting as per

previous thread. (This is what i did in one of my project)

Check and revert

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings again Ram.

Your solution is also feasible but it is more complicated to maintain for the sales user/manager. It means that I have to practically maintain twice the same commercial conditions and figure out somehow a way to copy the invoicing date from the original sales invoice in order to preserve the price being determined in ZPR0 and all ZKxx. No disrespect intended but I would prefer to have less trouble for the user who controls/maintains the prices especially that in the first pricing procedure I have exactly and already what I need. You can see above more about the desired schema.

Thank you for the time taken to reply.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, double post, I don;t know how to erase this unwanted message.

Edited by: Enache Catalin on Dec 20, 2011 1:16 PM