cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing PCARDS

0 Kudos

I posted this earlier and got some good responses. However I will like to discuss this with someone who has implemented PCARD usage for classic or extended classic scenario. Following are the questions I have

1. How to configure the systeme for PCARD usage for any of the above scenarios?

2. How do I capture PCARD information for particular user

3. How can generate PCARD reconciliation report

Any input will be great.

Mani

srm_mani@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am with same issue, I am trying to find how to implement the PCard Process in classic Scenario. I think we can implement BADI to fill that requirement, but still I need more inbut to implement the PCard in Classic Scenario, if any one implemented this functionality in Classic, let me know you what kind of enhancement required. if you have any document to implement the Pcard process in Classic Scenario, please send it to smssaap@yahoo.com

Thanks

Saga

0 Kudos

Jason,

Thanks for your input. To answer your first question I need both. I need the PCARD# as well I need to do PCARD reconciliation. SAP help and any other SAP documentation talks about that you can use PCARD provided you are doing MM functions in SRM. That statement leads me to believe that we should be able to use PCARD in extended classic scenario where we are creating the PO locally in SRM. I am not able to understand why we will not be able to use PCARD in extended classic scenario? In you experience do you know what kind of customizing one would need to use PCARDS in classic or extended classic scenario? Do you have first hand experience with any of this customizing? Any information will help.

Thanks again for your input.

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since Standalone is not a very common implementation option, most customers who use SRM PCARDs develop the function themselves using CUFs etc to support classic scenario.

To be clear, in the standard, if you select a product category that is classic or extended classic, the pcard field will not appear on the shopping cart line item. If you select a pcat that is standalone scenario, then the pcard field will be available to use.

Since the reconciliation process is manual for the most part, you should be able to leverage the workflow function in all scenarios. The workitems will come to the users, and then they can login to R3 for classic, and SRM for extclass, to review the POs and match them against the statement. Then the system will create an invoice and post it to the backend. I am not sure if the invoice references the local PO - but I am guessing that it does. Maybe this is a another issue with enabling pcards for classic scenario since the PO doesnt exist in SRM in the classic scenario. However, this would not explain why the extended classic scenario is not supported.

I am guessing that in this case, we did not have the ability to replicate the PCARD fields from SRM to R3 since the pcard fields do not exist in R3. So to save the development effort, the PCARD solution was designed for local scenario only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

It is not possible to configure PCARDS to work in the classic and extclass scenarios. For that, it will require enhancement and modification. Depending on the business requirements, this could be done many different ways. Is it the up-front PCARD# that you want on the PO or is it the reconcilliation process that you would like solved? Like any development, you'll need to clarify the business process before a design can be determined.

I've spoken to many customers about this and each one has a different ideal solution.

For #2, the PCARD master is created for each userID. When that user logs in and creates a shopping cart, the pcard will be available on the basic data tab for selection by that user.

For #3, the bank statement comes into SRM as an IDOC BBP_PCSTAT01. This triggers a workflow of the settlement file to goto the managers and user's inbox for manual reconciliation. If the workflows arent attended to, you can run Report BBPPCRECN which will auto-reconcile the statements and provide the postings to the backend for payment to the bank.

All of this is very well described in the help documentation: The PCARD help is from SRM 3.0:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm30/helpdata/en/95/f6a93e08503614e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope that helps,

Jason