SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule FPY1 payment run automatically on daily basis in background

martins_jurcenko
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As I couldn't find the answer using search, then created new topic.

I have requirement to schedule multiple FPY1 Payment Run jobs in background so that we also can execute the printout of cheques and payment lists. The requirement is that jobs are run daily at 8AM for different business partners, the printouts are sent to spool and values date and posting date in FPY1 variants are updated automatically.

Tried to do it via RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER transaction as per this instruction: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/69/acf816ccc8426c8d6408a54b6517fa/content.htm

but not successfully as job is executed only once.

How can we ensure that due date and payment date is copied over - do we use some events?

How can we then execute printout of cheques and payment lists - do we use SM36 to schedule report SAPFKPY3 as another step after FPY1?

Currently the OSS notes available doesn't answer these questions.

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Kind Regards,

Martins

<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none"></div>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hello.

I have just finished implementing this functionality.

Use programme RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER and create variant with activity type PAYP, after creating a "template" in FPY1 (I used a template in FPY1 with ID_Date "31.12.9999" and ID "AUTOM". This template can have the settings you want to use for your daily runs (company code settings, bank settings, etc...) and should be saved but not scheduled.

In my requirement I needed to implement a logic that calculates the due date, posting date, the reconciliation key, and the name of a user list to be used in the field "Business Partner - Preselection"). I used the event 1741 to implement the calculations I needed for my parameters, that are replaced in the FPY1 template I mentioned earlier.

The only thing I need to do is schedule the execution of the programe RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER with the activity PAYP, and set the execution frequency required. Et voilà.

Jean-Marie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor

Martins:

Also look at RFKK_MASS_ACT_PARAMETER where you can copy parameters into new runs.

regards,

bill.

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martins,

Try this:

1. Create your own custom report and schedule this report with different variants:

2. In this report do below steps:

2.1 Create a dummy identification in FPY1 to act as source for other runs and read them using 'FKK_AKTIV2_PARA_BASICS_FROM_DB'

2.2 Create a new Date Id and identification and check if they already exists using 'FKK_AKTIV2_PARA_BASICS_FROM_DB. Do this step in a DO loop so that if it already exists you can proceed ahead with other

2.3 Now copy the new parameter using 'FKK_PARAMETER_COPY'.

2.4 Build the mass key using 'FKK_AKTIV2_RUN_KEY_CONSTRUCT'.

2.5 Schedule the mass run using 'FKK_AKTIV2_RUN_START'.

Thanks.

Ravi

Former Member

Hello.

I have just finished implementing this functionality.

Use programme RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER and create variant with activity type PAYP, after creating a "template" in FPY1 (I used a template in FPY1 with ID_Date "31.12.9999" and ID "AUTOM". This template can have the settings you want to use for your daily runs (company code settings, bank settings, etc...) and should be saved but not scheduled.

In my requirement I needed to implement a logic that calculates the due date, posting date, the reconciliation key, and the name of a user list to be used in the field "Business Partner - Preselection"). I used the event 1741 to implement the calculations I needed for my parameters, that are replaced in the FPY1 template I mentioned earlier.

The only thing I need to do is schedule the execution of the programe RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER with the activity PAYP, and set the execution frequency required. Et voilà.

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Ciao ho una domanda sulla schedulazione dei seguenti 2 report in 1) RFKK_MASS_ACT_PARAMETER e 2) RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER. Devo modificare la gestione della "data scadenza" nella FPY1 che genero ogni giorno che deve diventare = a Sy-datum al posto di come è impostata ora cioè a +5gg. non so dove fare recepire questa variazione essendo tutto standard. se qualcuno sa indicarmi. è per il flusso SDD su ordini di pagamento. Grazie·

[Edited by the moderator.]

Could you please translate your comment into the one language supported by SAP Community?

Hi I have a question about scheduling the following 2 reports in 1) RFKK_MASS_ACT_PARAMETER and 2) RFKK_MA_SCHEDULER. I have to change the management of the "expiration date" in FPY1 that I generate every day which must become = a Sy-datum instead of how it is set now, ie at + 5 days. I don't know where to transpose this variation as everything is standard. if anyone can show me. it is for the SDD flow on payment orders. Thanks

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you looked at using transaction FKJOXTR? It's a powerful tool for scheduling and running mass activities.

It might be overkill for your simple requirement, but it allows you to set up chains of mass activities, define dependencies, run SM37 jobs in-between, and so on.

You use events 1901 - 1906 to help control the runs.

It's a bit hard to get your head around it at first, but it does a wonderful job once it is set up.

cheers

Paul Bakker