cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

i have a requirement to convert CSV file to XML file, i am almost done with the interface, but i have a small issue.

My trading partner want one of the target node as shown below

LUCENT.ACKNOWLEDGE_DELIVERY_001.INVDETAIL.USERAREA

the problem is PI does not accept any symbols like .+-

is there any way to deal with this

Regards

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

If you just need to have . (dots) in element then that is possible.

1. Create your data type, (without dots) in PI

2. Export the XSD

3. Add dot to all the fields which you need

4. Import it back as a XSD (external definition)

5. You have now dots in the required fields..

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello suraj, Thanks for your help

But i have already done the esr part i mean message mapping and all now it will be big process to do from data type.

is there any other way.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

>>But i have already done the esr part i mean message mapping and all now it will be big process to do from data type.

As far as i remember this is the only way to achieve a functionality like this (though you can always write a java code ad either javamapping or module and change the behavior at runtime)

Since you have the structure already created, export its XSD. And for each fields which has dos in it, keep the original field and create another field with dot.

import it in the same namespace and use it in message mapping (in this was your mapping will not be effected) and then copy the target mapping from field XYZABC field to XYZ.ABC field.

Later again edit the XSD and remove the non-dot fields. Re-import again. Yor mapping should not be effected by this approach.

Give it a try and if something goes wrong, reject change the change list.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

thanks for your help, can u please tell me how to edit xsd file, i have exported it from PI to desktop.

sorry if my question is dumb, but this is my first interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use Notepad++ or Altova XML spy or stylus studio to edit the XSD file.

Regards,

Phani

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

No question is dumb..

ok.. now either open it in a good editor (like Editplus, notepad++ etc) or just notepad.

Supose in that you have afield like XYZABC which you want to make XYZ.ABC then search for XYZand once you see a xml tag copy it and make a exact duplicate with renaming XYZABC to XYZ.ABC

For eg: if yoi have <xs:element ref="XYZABC" minOccurs="0"/> then create another one like <xs:element ref="XYZ.ABC" minOccurs="0"/> do this everywhere in the document.

Finally you should have a xsd which has both XYZABC and XYZ.ABC details.

Later, once the mapping is copied, follow the same procedure and delete the XYZABC fileld XML strucutre in the document.

Try google too

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj,

one more small doubt.

how can i import the file back, i mean as external defination or imported archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can i import the file back, i mean as external defination or imported archive

you can import XSD, under external defination only

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can importe XSD by using u201CExternal Definitionu201D only

and

If you want to import Multiple XSDu2019S at a time then you go for bellow navigation

Select u201CToolsu201D from menu bar ->select u201CImport external Definitionsu201D ->select radio button to file system and have to give name space and s/w component version -> select path (particular folder)u2026u2026

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

I have done just as you have said i have got a DT with dots but how do i use it in Message Mapping, its not accepting.

The is another interface with the same required

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I have done just as you have said i have got a DT with dots but how do i use it in Message Mapping, its not accepting.

The modified imported XSD will be your message type and not DT.. And you can create a Message Interface out of it. So in effect you will have a MT (with dot fields) and MI only

Regards

Suraj