cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please comment if this is a BUG in MII 12.2 or Normal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MII Version in Use:- 12.2.2 Build(235)

I am trying to use "TransactionPath" function from Link editor to obtain the path for current transaction. Now when I execute this transaction from workbench, everything works fine as expected and desired.

The problem comes when I run this transaction using Runner service.

I mapped the result of TransactionPath function to an output variable and then checked its value using runner service, and the output was a blank tag(for my output variable). The bigger problem comes when I try to implement some string functionality on the output of TransactionPath function. At this the transaction fails becaue the links that hold string operation fails(and thats because TransactionPath is returning null value).

Also, Just to proof check that my transaction, runner service URL and mappings etc are correct, I changed the TransactionPath function to TransactionId function and then I started getting result in my output variable tag in output xml. Thus with every refresh that I did , the transaction ID increased by 1 value.

Please comment if this a known issue or bug or there is something that I am missing or this is a expected result for some reason !!

Best Regards

Piyush Govil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It definitely is a bug. Has it been reported?

Thanks,

Suhas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you guys for confirming this!

I haven't reported it yet. I am not sure how to report it? Is there some standard mechanism? Please guide me.

Thanks and Regards

Piyush Govil

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bugs can be reported on service marketplace: http://service.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a bug. The TransactionPath works only in the transaction it is used but not when it is called from another transaction.

Regards,

Satpreet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I also checked that the transaction path is not coming in the output xml but from the workbench with a tracer it is working fine.

I also verified that all other things are coming as they should but not the transaction path.

Regards,

Anuvrat