cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping specific Materials together when running heuristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know what options are available to me to for keeping Orders for specific Materials grouped together when running heuristics.

For example, I have three Materials: Material A, Material B and Material C. Now, I want Material C to always be scheduled after Material B, but only if sufficient demand exists for it prior to the next run of Material B.

Maybe this illustration will help explain matters:

Week SKU

1 Material A

2 Material A

3 Material B

4 Material C

5 Material A

6 Material B

7 Material A

8 Material A

9 Material B

10 Material C

11 Material A

12 Material A

13 Material C

So, in week 3, I need to produce Material B, but because Material C is required before I next produce Material B (week 6) and Material C must always follow Material B, a run of Material C is scheduled into week 4.

Is there a strategy I can use that will do this for me? Any pointers welcome.

Thanks,

Matty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matty,

You may try for planning package functionality

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw31/helpdata/en/87/e3394aa358174380f2dc3faa5ef9e7/content.htm

Thanks,

Mrinal

Hi Mrinal,

Thanks for replying.

This is interesting. I will read up on this functionality to see whether it will do what I need.

Thanks again.

Matty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matty

Is this sequence fixed or is it going to vary every week. Like in your example , if you are always going to plan material C before material B , then how about scheudling a heuristic run for material C first and then a second heuristic run for material B (this has to run on success of the first heuristic run).

Thanks

Aparna

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for replying (and apologies for the delay - I've been on holiday!).

The sequence will always be the same: Material B followed by Material C. I can run heuristics indepedently for both Materials, but the problem with doing this is that it will simply schedule orders based on the demand of each, not considering the fact that these Materials need to be produced consecutively.

To confirm: Material B and Material C need to be 'glued' together production timing-wise, and then Material A will be scheduled in the gapsaround to fill up the capacity.

Does this make any more sense now?

Thanks,

Matty

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matty

Is this sequence fixed or is it going to vary every week. Like in your example , if you are always going to plan material C before material B , then how about scheudling a heuristic run for material C first and then a second heuristic run for material B (this has to run on success of the first heuristic run).

Thanks

Aparna

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matty,

You may try for planning package functionality

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw31/helpdata/en/87/e3394aa358174380f2dc3faa5ef9e7/content.htm

Thanks,

Mrinal