cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple trucks per sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a situation where we require multiple trucks for a sales order. I.e. customer orders 100 pallets, but 1 truck can only fit 20 pallets. We therefore need 5 trucks.

Our plan was to create the sales order, delivery, and then split the delivery into multiple deliveries (VLSP) - in this case we would have 5 deliveries.

However, it is necessary to send a document to the truck company once the sales order is created. This will notify them on how many trucks to send. The problem is this needs to be specified on the sales order level, instead of delivery. How is this usually handled?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a simple solution that I can think of for this.

Since you only want to intimate the delivering company on how many trucks are required via Sales ord output, you can choose a field in sales order you are not using and enter the number of trucks in that field. Ask the ABAPer to then fetch this field in the smartform.

Alternatively, if you canot find any field you are not using in SO, then you can ask the ABAPer to insert a new blank field of length 10 in Sales Order - Header level - Additional Data B. Here you can ask the user to maintain the number of trucks required. Then this would be made to print on sales order output. I have done this and it works perfectly fine for me.

Let me know if you need any further clarification on this.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from the above suggestions I would like to put my view,you can wright the truck details in text and you can get the text

data on to your sales order output,through that the customer knows on how many trucks his materiel going to be delivered.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please note as given below :

1. Create an Partner function for Transporter (ZT ) and maintain the same in Sales order Partner determination procedure.

2. Create an Z Table with the values like - Sales org/Dist Channel /Div /Sales doc Type / Transporter Name and take the help of abaper to write a code in MV45AFZZ to populate the value of the Transporter ( ZT) in Sales order.

3. Create an New Sales order out put name it as ZTRN and assign the same to Sales order out put determination procedure and modify the program in such a way that the print out put has all values ( like Sold party , Ship to party , Item number , Qty UOM , Shipping cond, Inco terms ) etc expect price. The out put has to be triggered automatically when the order is saved or can be assigned manually as and when required .

Note : Out put can also be configured for different medium - EDI , Email etc .

4. You can send this out put to transporter which will help him to arrange the required trucks to ship your material .

I am not in front of SAP other wise i should have provided you the User exit details , Account group etc .

Please try the above and let me know in case of any issues.

Thanks and regards

Veera

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos