cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using ASAP methodology for MDM project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for some help with using ASAP methodology for a MDM project. Can any body send me any links where I can find information on how can I use ASAP for a MDM project.

Thanks

s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

All depends on your existing landscape, as to understand the data you may need to have lot of workshops lot of data profiling approaches needed. also try to understand the infrastructure requirment so your Project Prep can be complete

understanding the existing landscape and exact business problem is a key for MDM projects, which comes in Bbp phase. after making templates make them in such a way so future scope can be consider, before taking sign off from business.

actual MDM development which comes in realization along with some part of testing to it. In final prep you can have some end user testing along with QA cutover task. this can be follow for go live till the time you can educate end user/client on this.

I know I have been very brief with above words.

Please see below link for a MDM life cycle apporoach

now a days SAP is also coming up with a new method after Go-Live which is known as RUN-SAP, more can be seen from below links

hope above stuff helps you.

thx

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

Thanks for the repsonse back.

I am not able to see the picture in the link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/23871. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] Is there a way I can access that.

Quick question, are there any MDM specific portions in ASAP methodology. When I go into ASAP toolkit I do not see anything specific to MDM.

Thanks

Scott

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Scott, Some how the link of that particular blog has been broken, I will try to get the exact picture and share.

secondly, as per my understanding there is no specific MDM portion in ASAP tool kit, being a standared SAP method we are are using ASAP in MDM projects as well. All the templates and documents you develop during various phases acts as a custom one.

thx

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The ASAP Methology is designed specifically for the ERP Implementation for SAP based projects, which can used to for other implementation.

Kindly follow the link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60030308-942f-2d10-f5af-dd47a2807b62

The above link provides pros and cons of various methodology used

But the methodology that best suits, is based on various factor, i generally follow a spiral model and repeat the spiral if requied.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott, Pl close the thread if your query is resolved.

Thanks

Deep