cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Level ATP check through CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am on an implemenation where the integration is between CRM, EWM and GATP. So, consider the situation where the sales order check is done through CRM and a call to GATP is made.

Some background on supply

EWM would like to receive the goods into storage location ROD (Received On Dock) and then do a movement type to move it to storage location AFS (Available For Sale). The sales orders should consider only the supply from storage location AFS and not ROD.

First question is, is it possible to do a storage location level determination in CRM? I don't think so but wanted to confirm. The reason is because even a plant determination is not possible in CRM when you integrate with GATP (the plant is determined through Rules).

Now, suppose that we have determined the storage location called AFS (in gATP through enhancement) and will do an ATP only at that level in GATP. Suppose that the first plant that will be checked is Plant A and then based on the location determination procedure, the next plant that will be checked is Plant B. When the system checks supply at Plant B, then the question is this: will it still check only at storage location AFS in Plant B or will it check at the plant level? The requirement will be to check at the same storage location level (which means that whatever process we used to determine the storage location at Plant A has to be followed for Plant B also).

One option that can be considered is to check at the Storage Location MRP Area level (there seems to be better support for RBA and Storage Location MRP Area than just storage location). See SAP Note 412314. But this is also complicated.

Another option is to not check at the storage location level but represent the various stocks with stock types (stock type ROD and stock type AFS) and only the stock type AFS will be used in the list of ATP categories.

Please share any experience that you may have in this.

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

In my project also we had this requirement to determine the correct Storage location after plant has been determined by using rules.

What we did is as follows:

- We created a Z table which had entries for all plants and preferred storage locations for those plant (only one entry per plant) in your case it will be like:

Plant A - AFC

Plant B - AFC

Plant C - AFC

- We used a ATP user exit in APO to get the storage location of source plant ( which was determined in APO via rules) from the Z table.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Anupam

Edited by: Anupam Sengar on Dec 20, 2011 12:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

I have not worked on an integration with CRM but have come across a similar requirement where ATP Check should consider stocks at specific storage location only. Since stocks at some storage location (e.g. ROD) is not required from GATP perspective, please do not CIF the stocks at these storage location. This can be achieved using CIF user exits/small development. ATP Check will continue to happen at Plant level but only stocks at certain storage location will be visible for ATP Check.

Thanks,

Prasun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the posts for this thread are helpful answers.