cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Oracle 11.2 : Timezone version

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm upgrading my Oracle database from 10.2.0.5 to 11.2.0.2.

I'm using DBUA and on the 1st step of the upgrade, it is asked :

Upgrade Timezone Version and TIMESTAMP WITH TIMEZONE Data

Oracle recommends upgrading Timezone Version and TIMESTAMP WITH TIMEZONE Data of the database.

Oracle will handle semantic errors automatically. If errors occurs during the timezone upgrade, you may need to restore the database from backup.

I wonder if it could have impacts on my SAP datas (compatibility with old Timezone version)

I didn't find any SAP notes about that.

I also have the choice to untick this option but I would like to follow Oracle recommendations.

Thanks.

Mathieu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For documentation you read - My Oracle Support note 977512.1

For oracle metalink access - Note 758563 - Oracle Metalink access for SAP customers

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When time zone version files are updated due to daylight saving time changes, TIMESTAMP WITH TIMEZONE (TSTZ) data could become stale. In previous releases, database administrators ran the SQL script utltzuv2.sql to detect TSTZ data affected by the time zone version changes and then had to perform extensive manual procedures to update the TSTZ data.

With this release, TSTZ data is updated transparently with minimal manual procedures using newly provided DBMS_DST PL/SQL packages. In addition, there is no longer a need for clients to patch their time zone data files.

Regards,

SBK