cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Triggers - Future Terminations

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded from AC 5.3 SP 08 to AC 5.3 SP 17. We were forced to upgrade because we were implementing EHP5. We've been successfully using triggers for two years now.

One issue we have been having problems with was HR Triggers. We've configured Terminations, Posiiton Number changes, and Org Unit changes for our triggers. The issues we were facing with Position Number and Org Unit changes seems to be corrected. However, termination triggers are still not triggering correctly.

Our HR department enters "Future" terminations whenever possible. Primarily this is done for payroll purposes to avoid overpaying. On occasion, HR does enter the termination where the termination date is in the past or is the current day. However, they are typically entered with a future date.

In SP 08, future terminations were working correctly. Now with SP17 future terminations do not work. We had an OSS message in with SAP and I was told that it was a management decision to NOT support Future Terminations in 5.3 releases and GRC 10.

I now am forced to review the HR tables on a weekly basis to look for terminations and then create GRC requests based off that.

I just don't understand the logic in not supporting future terminations. I guess I'm writting with the hopes the information from SAP is not correct for GRC 10 or even future 5.3 releases. I also would like to see if other people have been hurt by this decision like we have and maybe received different information from SAP.

Any input is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I know this is an old thread but rather than create a new one, I thought I would expand on this one.

We are on GRC 10 and HR Triggers is working great. Our HR department also "future date" cessations and HR Triggers is picking this up in our Lock Account Request Type and this is end dating the User Master Record with the correct future cessation date. So no issues there.

My question is around updating User Group and actually locking the UMR. Is there a way for GRC to update the User Group and lock the UMR when the cessation actually occurs. We can't do this at the time of the initial HR Triggers as it's a future cessation date, so locking the user and updating the user group at that time would not work.

Is GRC capable of this? Or is this something which cannot be done?

Thanks
Shaun

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

in 5.3, it is indeed not supported, and probably never will. For GRC10, Note 1705700 provides a workaround for future termination.

In GRC10, GRC set the validity dates of the user being terminated accordingly. This means, future termination in GRC is provided by delimiting the user validity dates upto the date of termination.

Elaborating more on the Note 1705700:

The Action ID returned by BRF+ has a request type associated with it in the IMG->GRC->AC->User Provisioning->Maintain Settings for HR Trigger Here you define the Request type associated with the Action ID as shown in Screenshot 1.

Then you have another setting where you relate the Request type with Actions as shown in screenshot 2.

So, you have to make these settings for Action ID that you expect the BRF+ to return so that the Future termination takes place.

When you terminate a user from PA30, the "valid from" date entered there for termination now becomes the User's "Valid to" date.

PS: The date entered as Valid from date in PA30 should be a future date.

Hope this helps!

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

In GRC10, it looks to be possible - have a look at note 1705700!

I got it working in a sandbox environment but its since been refreshed! I'm now trying to re-trace my steps to re-configure it as there were a few hurdles to jump over.

I now also need to trigger different behaviours based upon the Reason for Action and not just the Action itself so that's more fun!

Good luck,

Simon