Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

points for unknown bugs

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why you reach point for a good answer, article, tutorial etc. but not when you report an unknown bug?

SAP should always be happy for improving his software.

Kind regards

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roberto, I have a suspicion that SAP might actually not be very happy about you reporting a bug, especialy if it's something that has little effect (e.g. works only in particular scenario). From their perspective (again, just my guess) it worked just fine, everyone was happy and now you come in and they have to make a change. On top of that, they need to make sure they don't break something else (how many times you see the note correcting the note correcting another note... <to infinity>). So at this point they probably hate you.

To me personally squeezing out a correction note from SAP is already a reward since most of the time the reply is that everything is correct "by design". (I'm a very reasonable and logical person and still do not understand why some things work "by design" in such a way that it makes no sense and is causing problems for the users and need for modifications.)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

ok, hit and sunk

I didn't want to raise a dust cloud, but only to understand why there was a point system for collaboration of all kinds, invented well before my subscription, and had not been implemented for reporting new bugs.

Thank you for the explanation.

Kind regards

Roberto

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

any answer from SAP or Mods?

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> any answer from SAP or Mods?

>

> Kind regards

> Roberto

Official moderator response:

There's more to life than points.

Rob

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One might even say, the point of life is more life than points.

Thomas

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me point out to you that pondering on points is totally point-less - unless you can convert them to pints

pk

former_member188972
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

normally if you find a bug, you must report to Sap by an OSS message in service.sap.com.

Or did you mean something other?

Best regards,

Sergio

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

yes I know this, but I would know why when you contribute with article, blog, forum etc., you'll receive points but not if you found a new bug.

SAP should be happy because this is a contribution to improve the sw, and if you find for first where is the bug, f.e. the sequence of steps to reproduce it, and/or a workaround, than you should obtain more points because the development team gain time and (SAP) money to search and fix the issue.

Kind regards

Roberto

Edited by: Roberto Vidotti on Jan 6, 2012 10:59 PM