cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on CDHDR and recclient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't move this Admins as i've done about an hours searching to try get the answer I need. I'm getting conflicting answers to what I am looking for.

From my understanding of logging changes or actions get saved in the CDHDR table.

From what I have seen logging is not active if rec/client is not configured.

What extra changes does having rec/client configured check?

I'm looking at a SAP environment as part of a financial audit. My testing had said to check if rec/client was configured but its set to OFF. When I asked the Basis Admins where logging takes place they said logging would take place in the CDHDR table and were unaware why you would configure rec/client.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has various methods how to log changes. Table CDHDR is a header table for change documents. To log changes using change documents a report/application have to use API to generate change document. Good example is change document for user. SAP generates change document whenever you change user. SAP also provides logigng mechanism for changes on table level. This can be activated with parameter rec/client. Usually, this is active only in you customizing and production clients. This gives you audit what was changed by consultants. These changes are logged to DBTABPRT and can be viewed in transaction SCU3.

Cheers

Answers (0)