cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have uploaded few roles from backend system, When I am searching for them, the results are showing perfectly. (887 roles )

when I am trying to maintain / delete them from the front end system , its giving error saying " role does not exist'.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Please, provide more information about the issue, like for example:

How have you uploaded the roles in front end? I mean the procedure you've followed. The upload was succesful? some error at this point?

Are you talking about CUP or ERM?

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

I have uploaded the roles from Webdynpro application in GRC10.0

The roles were uploaded successfully, and i was able to modify them like assigning initial owner, alternative owner and so on..

My technical management was asked to us create a new connector only which should represent the system name.

earlier name of the RFC was G10CLNT100.. we have removed tis we have created new connection called EED100.

Here onwards the problem started, the system had around 8000 plus roles, we are able to modify for 7000 plus for the remaining not, where as the roles are present in the system.

we have tried rplacing these roles with overwrite option, in backend role sync/ excel sheet export. both the actions were succeeded but the roles are not allowing us to do any modifications. as we dont have attachment option, i could not able to present it here...

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumanth,

Have you changed the connector in all the corresponding tables?

Check at the beggining of this document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80063a8e-1da6-2e10-aaa5-fda1f0936c37

cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I had created the methodology using the same guide you have given in the previous reply. Thanks for your all time positive support. Now the question is like I have done configuration for role methodology rule, but not not for role approver rule.

As per this guide we must configure both the functions. For approver methodology not sure how to do it...

and secondly we are not going role creation with GRC end, in this case does it required to have BRF+ configurations?

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

was this problem finally solved? How was it solved in other cases?

Many thanks for your help,

R.H.