cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When we save the sales order, One number will generate based on the sales document number range, client requirement was based on plant sales order number should be generate. So what are the configuration i have to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend what JP has mentioned in a previous thread.

But be very careful when you develop such an enhancement. Plant is in the sales order line item table (VBAP) But the sales document number (VBELN) is in the sales order header.

Imagine you have a sales order with 2 line items. One has "Plant 1" and this other line item has "Plant 2". In that case, how does your enhancement generate a number for your sales order? Either you should not allow users to create a sales orders with different plants in different line items (One sales order can have one plant)

Else the best way is to take any other combination in the sales header (VBRK) to design the solution. (Like Sales Org)

Thanks and best regards,

Rahal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Through standard SAP this is not possible,need to go for enhancement.Use exit MV45AFZZ,develop Z table there maintain plants and no.range object according to that system will pick the no range.Take help of ABAPer.

Regards

Ram

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any standard way to achieve that.

For one sales order type, enhancement(user exit) is the only option.

Refer following SDN thread for your understanding:

-

Regards

JP